free website stats program Hard finding neutral | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard finding neutral

chancecx

I' am a new Harley owner of an 09 Street Glide. when the bike is warmed up and coming to a stop sign or a red light it is hard to find neutral. The bike has 2100 miles on it, changed the oil in all 3 holes at 900 miles. Does anyone else have this problem? and if so is there a fix to this problem

It's a Harley. Glider gave good advice. I am running a good synthetic gear oil in my 08 EGC and my clutch is adjusted, sometimes it is still tricky finding neutral once bike is warmed up.

i had the same problem when I first got my bike. Switching to Spectro made a world of difference. Welcome to the forum.

I' am a new Harley owner of an 09 Street Glide. when the bike is warmed up and coming to a stop sign or a red light it is hard to find neutral. The bike has 2100 miles on it, changed the oil in all 3 holes at 900 miles. Does anyone else have this problem? and if so is there a fix to this problem

As an alternative, I find it easier to get the bike in neutral while it is still rolling. I tend to stay in gear at a stop sign or traffic light. If I need to get out of the way in a hurry, I don't want to be putting it back in gear.
If I'm held up at a railroad crossing or something, I'll pop it in neutral the last few feet before I stop.
Otherwise, everything that has already been said - good quality oil and a good clutch adjustment should fix you up.

Take care,
Dave

I concur with Dave. At a light I never take it out of gear in case I have to take evasive action for any reason. I've also a couple of times when I did shift into neutral forget to put it back into gear when leaving a light and almost got run over by the guy behind me. Obviously I was a clod for forgetting, but I won't be in that position again!

Having been riding bikes for many years in almost every case where its difficult to find neutral try raising the revs a bit as you try to shift to neutral and it usually helps

Brian

Take the heeded advice on a quality synthethic transmission and primary fluid plus clutch adjustment. And I always leave my bike in gear when at stop sign or traffic light just in case I need to get out of someones way in a hurry.

The biggest point that is never brought up about finding neutral is to do it before you are completely stopped. It will drop right in then.:s

Back