free website stats program Harbor Freight MC chock-damge to chrome rotor cover? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harbor Freight MC chock-damge to chrome rotor cover?

it is bolted to a trailer just from memory I'm gonna guess and say about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch I do remember it being fairly close

Yeah, that's a little too close for comfort for me as far as clearance for the chrome rotor covers goes. Any jostling around of the bike with those close tolerances and I think some damage could possibly occur. You have two of them as I recall. The one that you are referring to is the one that is identical to mine, right? I think I'm just going to play it save and get the one like Tucci, UDawg & your other one ( like theirs) just to be on the safe side. They have no complaints with theirs and I should be good to go.

Yeah, that's a little too close for comfort for me as far as clearance for the chrome rotor covers goes. Any jostling around of the bike with those close tolerances and I think some damage could possibly occur. You have two of them as I recall. The one that you are referring to is the one that is identical to mine, right? I think I'm just going to play it save and get the one like Tucci, UDawg & your other one ( like theirs) just to be on the safe side. They have no complaints with theirs and I should be good to go.
Well, today I took make the chock that I posted a picture of and bought the one like Tucci & others have. It is well made and I can see where there is no way the chrome rotors would come into contact with the side of the chock. There is noting there to hit!
The good news is, today is "Pay No Sales Tax Day" in Massachusetts! So when we exchanged it we paid zero sales tax. All in all I think it cost like $67.00.
I'll post some pics when I get it mounted.
Thanks a lot for all of the input.

Guys, I just wanted to ask, for those of you who have the Harbor Freight MS chock for trailering your bike, like Tucci's in post #6, if you have it bolted to a trailer, did you remove the two I bolts that are outboard on the front crossbar? I looked at Tucci's picture and I see that his are not on there. But I also can't tell if his is mounted on a trailer or not. I have just drilled the holes in my trailer and was wondering if I should remove those two I bolts or leave them in. Please let me know.
Thanks,
JimTo: James Kieffner

Last edited by a moderator:
Post #6 looks like its setteing on his garage floor and post #10 still has the bar and 2 bolts I think your talking about. I would think if your mounting it in your trailer the long bar won't be necessary if you have eye bolts or something to secure tiedowns to. Nice looking setup.

Post #6 looks like its setteing on his garage floor and post #10 still has the bar and 2 bolts I think your talking about. I would think if your mounting it in your trailer the long bar won't be necessary if you have eye bolts or something to secure tiedowns to. Nice looking setup.
Thanks HDDon. That is what I thought. That it was in his garage and not mounted on a trailer. The I bolts aren't really an issue it's just that they have these plastic end pieces that they screw into once they go through the cross bar and those pieces raise the whole chock off the floor about an inch so it's not sitting flat. I'd rather that it sat flat, it seems it would be more stable that way. I won't remove the cross piece for the same reason, more lateral stability, but if i don't here from anyone else who knows more about this than I do, then I'll just unscrew those I bolts and let it lie flat on the floor and use those very same holes that the I bolts came out of to fasten the chock even more secure to the floor of the trailer. Hope all of this rambling made a little sense. :p

Back