free website stats program Harbor Freight MC chock-damge to chrome rotor cover? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harbor Freight MC chock-damge to chrome rotor cover?

A picture is worth a thousand words as they say. You can clearly see that the one that I picked up is different than the ones from post #'s 10 & 7.
Thanks Bodeen for pointing out that my concern was/is the chrome rotors hitting the side rails. Not to mention the rear part of the front fender getting dinged (or worse) by hitting the rear of the chock that pivots up. I can see that the other ones don't have the side rails which the one pictured here has. So I believe I will return it and get the more expensive one.
Now this one can be bolted to a trailer, right?
BTW, I just placed the chock that I purchased on the trailer for picture taking purposes. It isn't mounted and it is just resting on the blue tarp.

Attachments

• IMG_1013.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1014.jpg
    IMG_1014.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 32
Wow really....mine clears it just fine, is there something custom with your rotors?
1332882427.jpg

Tucci, I agreed with you! I am surprised to hear that... Your picture speaks for itself! I am still trying to understand how that happens... :small3d031:

Tucci, I agreed with you! I am surprised to hear that... Your picture speaks for itself! I am still trying to understand how that happens... :small3d031:

my concern was/is the chrome rotors hitting the side rails. Not to mention the rear part of the front fender getting dinged (or worse) by hitting the rear of the chock that pivots up. I can see that the other ones don't have the side rails which the one pictured here has.
You can clearly see that Tucci's chock is different than the one I purchased (post #11). His doesn't have those side bars which I believe would hit my chrome covers on the side.

my concern was/is the chrome rotors hitting the side rails. Not to mention the rear part of the front fender getting dinged (or worse) by hitting the rear of the chock that pivots up. I can see that the other ones don't have the side rails which the one pictured here has.
You can clearly see that Tucci's chock is different than the one I purchased (post #11). His doesn't have those side bars which I believe would hit my chrome covers on the side.

I see... Can you post a pix like Tucci did? That would help others to see so they wont make same mistake like your friend did. Glad you got one what you want. :bigsmiley12:

I have 1 of each and never had any problems but I dont have rotor covers on my ultra however I did move the rear of the chock to the lower setting for concern of hitting the fender skirt

I have 1 of each and never had any problems but I dont have rotor covers on my ultra however I did move the rear of the chock to the lower setting for concern of hitting the fender skirt
In the chock that you have that looks like the one that I have, the one that I posted in post #11, even though you don't have the chrome covers, how much clearance would you guesstimate is between your rotors and the side rail?
Also, I would do as you say and move the chock to its "lower position" but I only see one adjustment hole. Are you referring to the chock that looks like Tucci's?
Special thanks to the Mods for clarifying things when needed! :p

I have had mine for about 2 years and never had a nick.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 27
See post #11 for his picture. :s

I am sure I am not only one who want to see bike has rotor covers and put on chock so we could see why we could not use Harbor Freight chock. A lot of us own Harbor Freight Chocks but does not have rotor covers.

I have had mine for about 2 years and never had a nick.

Look neat! May I ask you why you put wood board underneath? I might do same thing what you did! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
it is bolted to a trailer just from memory I'm gonna guess and say about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch I do remember it being fairly close

Back