free website stats program Happy new owner of a 09 Street Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Happy new owner of a 09 Street Glide

tteazis

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi... Last Friday, I traded my 2002, highly customized, Fat Boy and got a 2009 Street Glide. What a change! I loved my FB but the SG is so much more refined. Not to mention that the SG has brakes, and ABS, that actually stop the bike. I already put 850 miles on it. Time for an oil change.

What are some upgrades that are worth making? I am interested in safety and bike longevity.

Theo.

Hi Glider,

Thanks for the info. How about any safety upgrades, like light bulbs etc.

Also, how about an oil cooler?

Thanks,
Theo.

Kewl - congrats on your new ride! I just bought an 09 FLHX a couple of months ago and love it - what a difference from my Sporty! I have the kit on the rear lights that make them tail and brake lights - also changed the the lens on the front signals to smoke with clear bulbs. Now, I'm waiting for my tourpack to arrive - my husband wishes I'd just bought a classic or ultra and had it lowered! I guess I could've done that but I love the smooth clean lines of the FLHX and didn't want to fuss with all the extra chrome bits that a classic has when I washed it! Enjoy your ride!

Wow, lots of Glides around!

Well, I could not wait... I ordered the K&N air filter kit, windvest 6" windshield, oil cooler, V&H monster ovals and the SE PRO Super Tuner for the bike.

I have the SE Tuner for my Fat Boy and I really liked the fact that I can view and reset fault codes without having to go to the dealer. It is more money but it pays in the long run, I think.

I added the kit that makes the rear turn signals act as brake lights and replaced the 1157 brake light bulb with the 2357, which is brighter during braking.

Now, I have to ride it and enjoy it.

Theo.

Congrats on your new ride! I was going to suggest an oil cooler but that has already been done. Before the FLHX was designed most everyone who had a bagger was putting smaller windshield, lowering kits, fairing mounted mirrors on them. Harley picked up on this and thought "Lets just build them one". It was a very good idea. Of course they added a few more goodies which makes it one sweet ride. If I was to sell mine thats what I would buy, but my 03 already looks like one and I have added a few things to it that are on the FLHX that were not available 6 years ago....Enjoy your bike.

Wow, lots of Glides around!

Well, I could not wait... I ordered the K&N air filter kit, windvest 6" windshield, oil cooler, V&H monster ovals and the SE PRO Super Tuner for the bike.

I have the SE Tuner for my Fat Boy and I really liked the fact that I can view and reset fault codes without having to go to the dealer. It is more money but it pays in the long run, I think.

I added the kit that makes the rear turn signals act as brake lights and replaced the 1157 brake light bulb with the 2357, which is brighter during braking.

Now, I have to ride it and enjoy it.

Theo.

Congrats on your new ride Theo...and yes longevity and performance mods come first...the comfort and long touring mods come next and then comes the *Bling* :newsmile093:

Well, Dr.D...another new member joining the MONSTER class of non-Stock HD owners :lero Have to admit, HD marketing strategy is a clever but successful one! Only wish they would lean more towards customer service and satisfaction and less with the shareholders, but they have to pay their executive salaries and losses in some rather poor investments over the years...:small3d015:

Last edited:
Congrats on the glide.. I too have an 09 sg and its great. Synthetics is a great place to start.

Back