free website stats program Hands hurt need Grip advise. | Harley Davidson Forums

Hands hurt need Grip advise.

Joe2007ultra

Ok I have to admit. I am getting old and the arthritis is starting to bother me especially in my hands. I am thinking of changing out the grips.

I know there are a couple of you out there in my age range . Has anyone found a soft pair of Grips that helps ??

Joe

i got the biggest foam grips i could find. small OEM grips have always made my hands numb. i put these on my rk a while back and can ride all day. i can't find any real big grips for the ultra FBW so i'm always in crz control. having big hands don't help much either. like holding on to a garden hose.

ISO grips or Avon air grips work well. I have bad paws too. I prefer Avon over ISO. They both are a little larger in diameter and both are comfortable

With arthritis and possibly a bit of carpal tunnel syndrome, it is the vibration that is really aggravating those conditions. So a softer, larger grip may help dampen some of the "buzz" in the bars. But it may not be enough. I agree with the comment above about trying to release the "death" grip you may have on the grips too.

But another possible solution might be trying a bar snake. These change the vibration harmony of the bars and tend to neutralize the vibration. See here:

Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Back