free website stats program handling of forty eight | Harley Davidson Forums

handling of forty eight

Do not know about the handling but I sat on both in the dealership and on the 48 the battery cover and oil box kept cutting into my legs and that was after just 10 minutes of sitting in the showroom. I do not believe I would last any length of time with the 48 on the open road.

Do not know about the handling but I sat on both in the dealership and on the 48 the battery cover and oil box kept cutting into my legs and that was after just 10 minutes of sitting in the showroom. I do not believe I would last any length of time with the 48 on the open road.

Its ok as the 48 actually only hold enough fuel for 10 mins riding :newsmile100:

With the big front tire the 48 would probably have a heavier feel cornering-more planted to the road.

I ride a 48 and yeah after about 60 or 70 miles the fuel light pops on so its a good excuse to stop and stretch. It does get a little uncomfortable after a while, I switched to a springer seat on mine and that helped alot. The 48 definetly is not a cross country bike but its alot of fun zipping around town especially once you do some mods to it to make it run a little harder.

As cool as the 48 looks, I'd rather the Nightster. Not sure if a difference in handling would be the deciding factor for me. It's more of the look/profile that works for me.

I like the look of the 48 but I wouldn't ride one either. I couldn't go for rides with my BT buddies as no range. I couldn't go on Rallies as no luggage carrying capacity without ruining looks.

I rode both and ended up with the 48. The 48 handled much better due to the fatter front tire. The nightster's skinny front tire picks up all the ruts and makes it feel much heavier on the road and harder to corner. I am 6'2" 200lbs and have no problems with the 48 - only short rides though, I never do more than a couple of hours on it. Lots of fun for around town and rides where you don't mind stopping to refuel every hour............

Back