free website stats program Handlebars | Harley Davidson Forums

Handlebars

Tucker

Hello everyone...my first post and I'm already asking for something....I am wanting to change the handlebars on my Softail...I have a 2002 Softail standard, with the stock handlebars...I wanted to go to somethine like "pullback" bars or maybe "drag" bars...my delemma is Iwant to try and keep the same rise and pulback...I like the way my bars feel...(been riding like that a long time) I also have the "mini" tach that's mounted on the risers....Is there any way I can have all this, or am I reaching....:D Thanks for any help

Thanks Hobbit....My stock bars are around 32" wide and I'd like to stay with that width....(forgot to mention that in the original post):D I really the "street slammer" bars from Harley...but then I would have to get a different tach mount...or do away with the tach alltogether

My first time here as well.... I have a Night Train with pull back risers and curved drag bars... that sit about where the speedo is on the tank....so there's no reaching anymore.... if you know anything about Night Trains (it wasn't the most comfortable riding position) But typical me, never being satified with anything, I just bought slotted 6'' curved risers and mini apes. Can't wait to bolt them on!

My first time here as well.... I have a Night Train with pull back risers and curved drag bars... that sit about where the speedo is on the tank....so there's no reaching anymore.... if you know anything about Night Trains (it wasn't the most comfortable riding position) But typical me, never being satified with anything, I just bought slotted 6'' curved risers and mini apes. Can't wait to bolt them on!

1st --- welcome aboard! 2nd -- good luck on the mod. , post a pic of before & after if you can.

I thought about using the 6" pull back risers and the drag bars....the width on mine is app 32" and I want to stay pretty close to that width..I saw some bars yesterday that were 1 1/4 except on the ends and in the center....If I used those I could keep my clamp with the tach on it...:D

Back