free website stats program handlebars? | Harley Davidson Forums

handlebars?

chipguy1

I have a 2005 ultra classic. I am 5'8" with a 26" reach. I have read that a possible cause for the pain at the top of my spine is because of the stock handlebars. I read that many people have changed their bars out to different heights and brands of apes. I approached my indie and he quoted $900. for bars and installation. I know this topic has been done many times, but my question before I start experimenting at $900. a pop is does the change work?
I am trying to get some sort of consensus from the group as to who tried what bars, what height, and did the change eliminate the problem?
TIA
Tom

I have a 2011 RG and went with Khrome Werks 2+2's and love them. I am 5'8 also.

My friend went with Khrome Werks +2's on his 09 Ultra but he is about 5"10.

As far as changing cables and such, all I had to do on mine was reroute the clutch cable. That's all Terry did with the +2's also on his 09.

If interested I'd contact Khrome Werks and tell them what you have. They can tell you what changes if any you will have to make. $89.00 plus shipping is a long way from $900.00!

Attachments

• rd2.jpg
    rd2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 67
$89.00 plus shipping is a long way from $900.00!

Your $89 does not include all new cables & installation. Neighbor just tole me he spent $1200 for 16" apes installed with all new cables and whatever else was needed. I would say $900 is a pretty good deal.

Your $89 does not include all new cables & installation. Neighbor just tole me he spent $1200 for 16" apes installed with all new cables and whatever else was needed. I would say $900 is a pretty good deal.

I hope they are gold plated! :D

I checked into having it done on my ultra and it was over a 1,000.00 after everything was done. It's a pretty big job changing out the bars, that's why the cost is so high. If your handy at all you can cut the cost a lot. Keep in mined the cost of the bars, cables and your time.

Didn't need cables. Installed myself. Get a manual, take your time and save some bucks.

With the help from here [Thank you] I changed to 14 apes and love them. Very comfortable for me.

I'm 5.8 I changed out my bars to the Harley 2 in back bars ..
At 1st I installed the 515 kromewerks the were too wide ,,,up & back to me were OK but too wide. so I went with the HD..ones ..no clutch cable change just reroute to inside of top triple tree no change to tbw wire..this helped me greatly.

Back