free website stats program handlebars | Harley Davidson Forums

handlebars

hotrodjohn

I have an issue with carnal tunnel in my right hand. I just put on some kuryakin ISO grips. I have heard a handlebar change is also helpful.my question is how do I figure out what bars to get? Will I have to change the throttle cables also? I guess I have to stop by some Harley hang outs and look fof aftermarket bars I don't want apes but I have heard mini apes recommended.??
WAP.gif

I have an issue with carnal tunnel in my right hand. I just put on some kuryakin ISO grips. I have heard a handlebar change is also helpful.my question is how do I figure out what bars to get? Will I have to change the throttle cables also? I guess I have to stop by some Harley hang outs and look fof aftermarket bars I don't want apes but I have heard mini apes recommended.??
WAP.gif

You may want to give this some consideration (see below). It changes the vibration dynamics of the bars and may give you some relief. The other thing to try is just changing your physical hand position on the grip to have less/more angle in your wrist. Frequently changing that position, and when possible setting the cruise or throttle lock to briefly release the grip and shake/clench-unclench your fist may also offer some relief. NOT A FUN PROBLEM TO HAVE. I hate it.

Bar Snake - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

I also have carpal. Comes and goes. Definately use a throttle boss. I like 12 in. mini apes, but I do not think it helps my hands. The iso grips w/throttle boss and occasional use of the thumb lock works for me.

Back