free website stats program Handlebars for a 99 RK | Harley Davidson Forums

Handlebars for a 99 RK

flyrc100

Probably an old often repeated question, but I want easier to reach handlebars for my Police edition 99 model Road King. Does anyone have some good suggestions, I dont want to deal with cable replacements, please!

PS- actual part numbers would be wonderful if possible, Thanks!

Check with your Harley dealer for Heritage style bars for your year RK.

Don- I may be wrong but I thought the cop bikes had Heritage bars on them?

Thanks Bodeen, looks like I need to look a little closer before posting.:panic

Although, after reading again myself it says "police edition". That isn't a cop bike but a themed bike ie: Shriner, firefighter etc. So I may be wrong.

56623-99 is the part # for Heritage bars. If your bike is a "retired" police bike than it probably already has Heritage bars on it.

I put the Road King High Handlebars on my 99 RKC. At 6'3", these bars worked out great, no more back pain from the stock bars. Got them from the dealer around $70 or so. No cable adjustments.

I've got a real retired Cop bike, got all the cool siren switches and stuff,, so it probably has the Heritage bars already. So I'm hatin the Heritage bars, guess the "pullback" bars the dealer offers is the way to go? They have 9" pullback as opposed to the Heritage bars 5". Nearly any bar seems better in that regard, really,,,

Duh,, The "Pullback" bars have the same number as the Road King High Bars,, guess its a case of marketing? Anyway, thats what I'm thinking will work, especially if no mods are needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant speak of the Pullback bars as I have no experience with them. I do know that if you have Heritage bars on it now than there is likely a member here that would love to have them on their bike.

I have a 2000 RK. My 2 cents, I am 5' 8" and was not happy with the replacement Heritage bars. After much investigation, I decided on going with the WO508s from Wild Ones (blemished, but can't tell what the defects are). They have plenty of pull back and I have noticed the difference in my lack of back strain. The stock clutch and throttle cables lengths work fine, the brake line can be modified to work (I replaced mine), and the electrical wires need to be extended.

Again, I love the change, but there is a slight "wheelbarrow handle" type angle to the hand position that might be awkward to some riders.

Ride safe.

Back