free website stats program Handlebars 2011 Road Glide Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Handlebars 2011 Road Glide Ultra

darbonne

While standing 6'1", I have short arms and the stock bars are causing some discomfort after a couple of hours. Seems I am always leaning forward and I have adjusted the bars as far rearward as possible. I am looking at the Heritage bar which will give me 3" more pullback and I can use stock cables. I would be interested if anyone has other ideas or comments on the Heritage bar.

I have a 07 classic and have been thinking about doing the same thing. My Brother has heritage bars on his and I thought that they were very comfortable.

Check out the Khrome Werks I have an 09 Road Glide had same problem, reaching forward too much. I'm using the "+2 wide sweeper" and they're very comfortable,lot's of pullback. I didn't have to change any wires or cables but had to reroute a few things in the fairing to give me a little extra wiggle room.

I installed the Heritage bars and they work well for me. Have you contacted your local dealer or HOG chapter to see if anyone has installed these bars in your immediate area that you might try? Seems that's one of the first modifications and many lean towards the Heritage bars.

I have a 2010 roadking classic and had the same problems,after an hour of riding my shoulders would began aching,I put on Heritage style bars and no more problems.

I am considering the RG Ultra CVO bars. They come back a little further for those that feel the regular RG Ultra bars are too far forward.

Thanks for the input. After hearing from many of you, I am going to get the Heritage bars in the satin black finish and the Kuryakyn ISO grips. Should look good on the bike as it is black. The CVO bars will not come back far enough I am afraid.

Back