free website stats program Handlebar Switch | Harley Davidson Forums

Handlebar Switch

Curveball

Banned
Swappin stock bars for Heritage bars on '07RKC.
With no internal wiring, it seems to me, I can just remove the old bar, have the wifey hold it, loosen both controls and carefully slide them off.
Reverse the process, baby the new bar into place, and done.
Clutch side grip slides with control, no glue.
Am I underthinking this? Seems too easy.

With no internal wiring, it seems to me, I can just remove the old bar, have the wifey hold it, loosen both controls and carefully slide them off.

Make sure to cover the painted parts bath towels are great! If you want to do the slide do the throttle side and take the clutch side apart and out of the way. Have Fun and you are going to wonder why you waited to do it!:D

Yep a penny or shim stock to prevent the nib of the brake light switch from getting damaged. Also be careful to not lose that spring copper wedge that backs up the stop light switch against the housing. Make sure you protect the fender and tank and have a clean shop floor...! Don't ask how I know...:s

Did the bars tonite...took my time, piece of cake. Don't know why I waited so long.
Thanks for all the tips.

Back