free website stats program handlebar stuff is confusing, eh? | Harley Davidson Forums

handlebar stuff is confusing, eh?

wow. i've read through the self-help section on changing out handlebars and also did a search on the site. there's certainly a lot of information here but it's quite confusing, to say the least. the measurements of the same bars on various links are just not consistent enough to know what's what.

since adding (finally, with the help of smart folks on this site) a tallboy seat, i feel like my handlebars are just a tiny bit too far away.
i like the same exact position for my hands (don't like the idea of a "wheelbarrow" grip), but just a touch closer to my body.

anyone have suggestions for bars for an '09 FLHRC?
did i read somewhere that Heritage Style bars work well for this?
anyone done this mod?

just curious.
cheers.

first did you try adjusting them towards you .. and yes the heritage style work well and can be installed with no additional part needed no longer clutch or brake or throttle by wire .. i put these on my 08 rkc last year

thanks Bud ... if the stock bars are adjusted toward me, they will be turned down (lowered) a bit & that wouldn't work for me.
i would like to check out those heritage bars. would you by any chance have a part # for them?
checked on the HD site but couldn't find them.
this is what the HD site says (though i don't want black):

Heritage Style Handlebar - Satin Black

Complete the transition to the "dark side". Elegant satin-finished handlebar retains the comfortable contour of the Original Equipment bar and complements the black finished hand controls and mirrors.

55864-09

doesn't "retains the contour of the OE bar" mean that it would be the same as what's on there now?

thanks again, bud, for all your help.

cheers.

the part # i put on doesnt even show up any more .. the contour is the same but the pullback and height are different

the width is about the same you dont get the wheelbarrow grip with them it just moves them closer to you

that will work but anything over about 2.5 inchs will need wire extension and a cable i changed mine to pull back also .. maybe with stock bars you might get 4" on the riser but its gonna be tight .. also with 2.5 you key wont fit the steering lock

anyone have suggestions for bars for an '09 FLHRC?
did i read somewhere that Heritage Style bars work well for this?
anyone done this mod?

mangiacavallo,

I put the Heritage bars on my '09 RK. One of the two best mods I have done on her! (the other was the Sundowner seat)

If you can't find the number, PM me and I'll look thru my invoices and get you the HD part number.

B-safe. :cheers

im thinkin about bars on my rkc but idk if i like the stock ones or not yet lol . some dealers have this frame thing set up to try differnt seats and bars . i heard ( here ) that police specials have heritage or heritage type bars.

Back