free website stats program Handlebar Stereo | Harley Davidson Forums

Handlebar Stereo

bullitt53

Looking to put a system on my 09 Heritage Classic. Any one using a Pyle or Shark stereo? Prices are fairly cheap, wondering if the systems are as well or if the sound is OK.

I have Pyle speakers w/ iPhone plugged in on my RK. The sounds is ok for low speeds (around town), but on the highway they are very distorted. It also depends on the type of music you are playing too, and it does beat silence for my commute to work and long trips. I went to put on an aftermarket fairing, but it wouldn't fit over my nacelle. Since everything was already apart and I had the Pyle’s in the garage I went ahead and put them on. The thing I don't like about them is the rheostat volume control is garbage IMO. You touch the controller to either turn it up or down and it goes from one extreme to the other if at all in volume control. It was a good thought but it doesn't work IMO. Not worth putting that part on the bike if you can adjust the volume from your iPod. Overall, am I dissatisfied with them? No, like I said better than silence.

Thanks, I have a Memphis Shades fairing on the Heritage, may help keep the distortion down. Not out a lot of money if it doesn't work.

I echo Sean's opinion. Not bad at low speeds and it depends on type of music. Mellow isnt too bad, below 30/40mph. But those times when you want to crank some Southern Fried Rock and just go.......it will remind you of when a.m. radio was the big thing.

I thought about the Memphis Shade, but I want to still have an inner fairing. Quadzilla is nice looking, but not looking to spend $1600 either. I found someone that can make one for around $1200 including a Sony stereo with Infinity 6x9's and T-bag pouches. I like the look of having four 5-1/4 speakers, but for a savings of $400 the 6x9 will grow on me.:D

Back