free website stats program Handlebar replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Handlebar replacement

anjumkha

Electra Glide 2007

Last weekend was rainy and dreary. I still wanted to ride and so I did. But how much can change in an instant,,,..

I took a ramp at 35 MPH and realized that the curve was sharper than I thought. I think I leaned a bit more or may have touched a brake. The next second I was down and moving in a circle. The bike stopped with a thud against the curb. I was pointing again in the direction of travel but I had take a full turn.

Thanks be to the Great Lord, I walked unscathed. I must also thank the Aerostich suit (I was wearing ), and the crashbars.

The right side of the handlebar is bent a bit and I want to replace it.

How do you remove the handlebars?

thanks,
M Khan

Glad to hear you are OK. Fried of mine crashed with an Aerostich suit on and never got a mark on him but the bike was a total loss. Good luck with the repairs and keep riding safe.

Glad to hear you are OK. Fried of mine crashed with an Aerostich suit on and never got a mark on him but the bike was a total loss. Good luck with the repairs and keep riding safe.

Thank you.
In times like these one starts to beleive in a guardian Angel ! I also had a car behind me which stopped in time.

M Khan

Back