free website stats program Handlebar Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Handlebar Question

apexeric

First post and potential new to me Harley owner.

I've been riding bigger dual sports and am looking for a change. I have an opportunity to purchase a 2006 Ultra Classic from a friend of mine.

The bike is a close fit for me. I may be interested in installing slightly longer handlebars.

Is there enough extra cable length to accommodate a 2" longer handlebar?

Or will longer cables be necessary also?

Thank you,

Eric

I installed Heritage bars on my '04 Road King and my '12 Road Glide. Neither change required longer cables.

Not sure of the definition of longer bars. Do you mean longer as in beach bars or taller as in apes??? You may be able to adjust bars that are already on bike to accommodate you.

Should be ok. Be careful if you ask a dealer. A dealer told another forum member Heritage bars on a RK required New cables which it clearly doesn't.

Should be ok. Be careful if you ask a dealer. A dealer told another forum member Heritage bars on a RK required New cables which it clearly doesn't.

Same thing my dealer told me and sold me extensions for my '10 RK . I said if I don't need them and keep them in the original wrapper can I return them. Was told that was fine. Didn't use them and returned them to find out they only issue store credit and I couldn't get my cash back. Had to buy accessories for my bike I would have gotten elsewhere. I've never gone back for service or parts....They Won!

Not sure of the definition of longer bars. Do you mean longer as in beach bars or taller as in apes??? You may be able to adjust bars that are already on bike to accommodate you.

I would be looking to install a bar that is about 2" taller than what is on there now.

However, I will try to adjust the reach by rolling the bars back towards me first.

Not having to change cables would be much more convenient for this new Harley-Davidson owner!

Back