free website stats program Handlebar Part # | Harley Davidson Forums

Handlebar Part #

Duffer

Anybody happen to know the part # for stock handlebars on a 09 Super Glide Custom. Thinking of putting these on the wifes 09FXDL for a little easier reach. If I'm reading the specs right the FXDC should have 2" more pullback and 1 1/2" taller. Just can't find the actual #.
Hey Glider,maybe in your spare time you could post ALL the part numbers for ALL the parts on ALL the Harleys ever made. Sure would make life easier on he rest of us.:bigsmiley20:

Hey Glider,maybe in your spare time you could post ALL the part numbers for ALL the parts on ALL the Harleys ever made. Sure would make life easier on he rest of us.:bigsmiley20:

I'll get right on it! :bigsmiley20:

I upgraded my '07 FXD handlebars to those of the FXDC a year ago.

Part number was 56102-99.

All the wiring and the brake line fit although the brake line was tight. New ISO grips completed the setup.

Awesome! Thanks SilverFoXD. Did this make a difference in the "reach for the bars" quest?

Glider, should be a simple download of one of your vast memory banks:lolrolling

Awesome! Thanks SilverFoXD. Did this make a difference in the "reach for the bars" quest?

Glider, should be a simple download of one of your vast memory banks:lolrolling

Duffer,

Here are photos of my FXD with the FXDC bars. Might give you an idea of just how much reach the FXDC bars provide. I think the FXDL bars are further forward.

The advantage of these bars over what came stock was the width. The grips are about 1 1/2" further out on each side and the new position mostly eliminated a muscle pull in the back. The bars otherwise have the same shape as the stock FXD bars.

I tried pullback risers and liked the new bar position, higher with less reach. But combining the riser pullback and the speedo mount shape, the speedo wound up almost vertical, too high, and unreadable. I gave up on the risers but if they are something you could use, let me know. They are from Drag Specialties, listed as 2 1/2", black, and have the necessary bolts and nuts. PM me.

Attachments

• IMG_3983.JPG
    IMG_3983.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3862.JPG
    IMG_3862.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3851.JPG
    IMG_3851.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 12
Duffer
I tried pullback risers and liked the new bar position, higher with less reach. But combining the riser pullback and the speedo mount shape, the speedo wound up almost vertical, too high, and unreadable. I gave up on the risers but if they are something you could use, let me know. They are from Drag Specialties, listed as 2 1/2", black, and have the necessary bolts and nuts. PM me.
The 09 FXDL comes stock with risers (4 1/2" H X2" pullback) so we've got that base covered. The part # you furnished gave me a great starting point and I think I know what I want now (56154-04, basicly a chrome version of your bars). 1 1/2" higher x 1/2" narrower x 2" more pullback, compared to stock.
Thanks for the help.

That's funny, I just finished putting 09 FXDL bars on my 10 FXDC with the stock (short - 1" ?) risers to get me leaning slighty forward. Much better position along with the new HD touring seat, and While Im not sure........seems as though the forks now work slighty better......now if only I could put rearsets on this thing.

Back