free website stats program Handlebar Options | Harley Davidson Forums

Handlebar Options

rusntx

Thinking of moving to a different set of bars on my 14RK. Looking at the Klockwerks Ergo back bars. They are slightly taller than stock, but still allow you to sit back in the seat and they also adjust your hand/wrist position to a more straight natural angle. If I adjust the stock bars to a more comfy height I have to lean forward and cannot keep both hands on the bars in tight turns unless I slide forward in the seat. Not looking for tall apes just a bit more height in my bars. Anybody running them or have another option? Thanks :coffee

Everybody has a different "natural wrist angle" , reach, etc. Getting opinions isn't going to get YOUR bars.
I tell people to sit on their bike, close their eyes and reach out for where they want the bars to be. Do it a few times(many times on different occasions) and measure rise & pull back from existing bars.

Does your local dealer still have the handle bar display that allows interchanging bars on a bike.

Thinking of moving to a different set of bars on my 14RK. Looking at the Klockwerks Ergo back bars. They are slightly taller than stock, but still allow you to sit back in the seat and they also adjust your hand/wrist position to a more straight natural angle. If I adjust the stock bars to a more comfy height I have to lean forward and cannot keep both hands on the bars in tight turns unless I slide forward in the seat. Not looking for tall apes just a bit more height in my bars. Anybody running them or have another option? Thanks :coffee

Go to the H-D Parts site; search for bars and you can find a table that lists the dimension for all the OEM bars. After sitting on the bike per Stray Dog suggestion, you should know how much more rise and/or pull back you need to achieve the desired position. Then compare the OEM dimensions to the aftermarket bars and look for a set with the added rise/pull back. Check to see if extended cables and/or brake lines are required for proper fitment. Don't forget that you have TBW, so changing bars is not quite as straight forward as it is with cable operated T/Bs.

Thanks for the advice. Not sure if local dealer has bar setup will have to check don't remember seeing it, but then I wasn't looking for it. I am going to fiddle with the OEM bars some more while looking at possible options. As mentioned fit is a personal thing and with TBW it's not like the old days. Thanks much....go Seahawks!
WAP.gif

I have a set on my 09 Classic and hate the angle they put your wrists in. As soon as I find a pair I like they will be coming off.

Go to the Wild1s website for a chart for OEM bar dimensions.

Wild 1 Chubby Handlebars.

Looks to me like your bars have a 7.5" rise and 11.5" pullback. I am not sure if you are looking for more rise and pull back or must more rise but suggest you take a look at Khrome Werks bars. Very popular replacements for OEM bars among the bagger crowd; good quality, fit and price. You might also consider a set of Heritage bars, another popular replacement with the bagger guys.

Handlebars in Single Page

I know you said you don't want "apes" but a 10" or 12" mini-ape might be just the ticket.:bigsmiley10:

Go to the Wild1s website for a chart for OEM bar dimensions.

Wild 1 Chubby Handlebars.

Looks to me like your bars have a 7.5" rise and 11.5" pullback. I am not sure if you are looking for more rise and pull back or must more rise but suggest you take a look at Khrome Werks bars. Very popular replacements for OEM bars among the bagger crowd; good quality, fit and price. You might also consider a set of Heritage bars, another popular replacement with the bagger guys.

Handlebars in Single Page

I know you said you don't want "apes" but a 10" or 12" mini-ape might be just the ticket.:bigsmiley10:

Thanks Dolt for the recommendations will give those out. just by playing around a bit putting my hands where I think they should be, a 12"'mini ape is likely the rise I think would fit the bill. Be well.
WAP.gif

Back