free website stats program HandleBar Grips | Harley Davidson Forums

HandleBar Grips

BayouHawg

Installed new handle bar grips about a year ago, now the left one is slipping. Any suggestions on what to use to stick it in place. Thanks for all the help.

Installed new handle bar grips about a year ago, now the left one is slipping. Any suggestions on what to use to stick it in place. Thanks for all the help.

Bite the bullet and go to the dealer and get the small tube of the grip glue.

If its just a wee bit loose a firm hold hair spray should hold it
as i havent needed hir spray for some years i bound the left side of the handlebar with electrical tape and put the grip on does not move now and with a bit of heat i should be able to get it off again without destroying it

Brian

Yep - hairspray works well. Got the info. from one of Hobbit's posts & used on my Right FLHX grip - still stick'n fine.

If you want to save the left grip when replacing the grips for something fancy, you can use some carb cleaner spray with the straw attachment that comes with the can under the edge of the grip while holding it up with a thin screwdriver. Work the screw driver and some more carb spray around the grip and it will come right off.

Another way of removing it is with some air pressure blown under the edge. It will lift the grip and you should be able to slide it off.

golf grip double back tape. Wet it with grip slovent and it slides ride on. When the solvent evaporates grip is tight. 24 hours for the solvent to evaporate

Back