free website stats program handlebar advice | Harley Davidson Forums

handlebar advice

I just bought a 2010 Street Glide and handlebars are a bit to much of a reach for me. Any advice on a new set of handlebars that are taller and closer with more comfortable wrist position? I am a fairly capable do-it-yourselferand wondered how difficult of a job it is.

go to dealer and check soem seats and see if there are other with bars to try out .. its gonna be a personal perferance kind of thing

Don't know about compatibility, but many Touring bike riders upgrade using Heritage bars including Police versions, so maybe your bar is okay with the right pullback, just needs to be rotated a bit to fit you or the profile of your Sundowner rider portion can be modified to fit you farther forward, or narrowed in the front to improve reach to the ground.

Certainly a good place to start is the 2010 HD Parts and Accessories Catalog for your specific model for applications that would match your needs.

On my Sporty, I have the Street Slammers which have integral risers and bar the is 1/2 way between Drag (forward) and Beach Bars (wide for leverage)...and that is where upgrades begin...

HDCarbonFiberHelmet.jpg

2004XL1200RUpgrades9-9-09-1.jpg

Last edited:
You may have to buy a custom seat like from C & C or have MCC modify your reach seat and move you closer another inch or however much you need to.

I have 12" Apes on my 08 street glide that I love

Attachments

• Street-glide 002.jpg
    Street-glide 002.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Street-glide 004 (1).jpg
    Street-glide 004 (1).jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 52
Bars are cheaper than a seat and they make extensions for the "fly by wire" setup on your bike. Go for some apes, 8-12", and pull 'em back a little if you need to.

Sorry but I think apes look out of place on a touring bike.

The Sundowner is made for comfort but doesn't really adjust your seating position.

I would try new bars (I think HD makes a pulled back touring handlebar and I've heard good things about the Klockwerks Ergo) or the Reach seat or maybe even a combination of the two.

Back