free website stats program Handlebar Adjustment | Harley Davidson Forums

Handlebar Adjustment

BigG

I have just purchased a FLHRI. I need to adjust the Handle bar reach. It looks like the lock covers the clamp bolts. What is the process to remove the cover? I don't see any bolts.

I'll bet it's covered in the Owner's Manual you'll be getting soon! :p

Seriously, I know how hard it is to be patient when you have a new toy but almost all the questions you've been asking are covered in your Owner's Manual.

Hang in there!

First, order a HD service manual for your year bike. Cover front fender with a thick soft cloth, Remove headlight trim ring, remove headlight, reach in and loosen the 5/16" nuts that hold the trim piece across the top of the nacelle, remove steering lock cover, remove bolt that was uncovered when the trim piece came off. That will get you to the handlebar adjustment bolts.

First, order a HD service manual for your year bike. Cover front fender with a thick soft cloth, Remove headlight trim ring, remove headlight, reach in and loosen the 5/16" nuts that hold the trim piece across the top of the nacelle, remove steering lock cover, remove bolt that was uncovered when the trim piece came off. That will get you to the handlebar adjustment bolts.

Man, you're no fun - you gave it away before he got his manual!

:lolrolling

Just kidding, of course! That's what this forum is all about - helping each other with the resources that each of us has available, whether in print or in the cranium.

Man, you're no fun - you gave it away before he got his manual!

:lolrolling

Just kidding, of course! That's what this forum is all about - helping each other with the resources that each of us has available, whether in print or in the cranium.

Enjoy it because I just emptied my cranium for the day! :D

Excellent. Thanks Thats what I needed. I will still use the manual, but I learn a lot by watching experts do things as well.

The self help section and a good torque wrench PRICELESS IMO:s

You should only need to remove the switch and cover. The front bolts can be left alone. They are tightened to contact and the rears are torqued. But you will need a sawn off allen, it is tight.

Regardless of how you get access. Do not turn the wheel all the way left like the manual says. You end up w locked forks. So stay in the middle rill you get the switch back in

Back