free website stats program Handle bars | Harley Davidson Forums

Handle bars

ugly1

I"m a tall person and was looking to extend my bars about 8 inches on a ultra classic 07.has anyone tried this and if so what problems did you have.

Last edited:
welcome ugly, you can go up about 10 inches without changing wires cables or brake lines....if you go up 12 then it gets exensive...but they have kits for the wires and new cables and brake lines....it's not that big a job just time consuming...critter

welcome ugly, you can go up about 10 inches without changing wires cables or brake lines....if you go up 12 then it gets exensive...but they have kits for the wires and new cables and brake lines....it's not that big a job just time consuming...critter

I think you would run into problems long before 10 " raising the bars. Usually after about 2" nothing fits any more.

I ride a 09 Ultra,broke my collar bone once and had operation on the same shoulder.This year I installed Yafee 12" bars.It took alot of time and $$$$$ but I no longer have any pain etc..on long rides.I had to extend the wires for the TBW,replace the brake line,install and reroute the clutch cable and pull all the wires thru the bars.But I'm very happy with the end result.

Hey ugly1 I installed 13.5 inch cyclesmiths on my 07 EGC,10 inch bars are same as stock wont help,you need to change both throttle cables clutch cable and brake cable. The wires are long enough I took the connectors off and ran the wires through the bars then reconnected the connectors there is probably enough wire in there to go to 16 inch bars,over that might need a wire extension kit. My cables are +5 inch ,the brake line was made up and sold to me by a local indie shop so cant help much there.Its a job getting wires thru the bars was very difficult if I had to do it over again I would not go with bars that are wired internally,with that fairing it doesnt matter anyway.Another thing you may try is a website called [removed] they sell bars kits and even sell a complete handlebar with controls wires etc...good luck Tom..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back