Hammock seat

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Cuzz, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Cuzz

Cuzz Member

Curious as to how popular / effective this seat is. I sat on one, parked, and it felt good. Opinions on this pricey item?

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I'm sure there will be members who will have this seat and really like them. I went the other route and had a gel pad inserted in my FLSTC solo seat and I will have the same thing done to the RG in the next month or two.

3. onepointman

onepointman Member

The only problem I had with Gel is after the bike is parked in the sun for an hour or two it is hot and stays hot for a long time... I have a beaded seat pad and really like it. It has good air flow and just sliding forward or back just an inch changes all the pressure points... Little bit of a massage there too. :eek:)

:naughty

4. radar27615

radar27615 Member

Hammock is best seat that I have used which includes the Sundowner and Mustang.

5. mnultra

mnultra Active Member

I have been very happy with mine. It seems to add about 50 miles for me before I feel the need to get off for a bit. I would recommend the newer version as the passenger also benefits and it doesn't make you sit higher or more forward from stock like I have heard about the first one.
    [​IMG]

6. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

I bought the Hammock with my bike. For me, it was comfortable but it did lift me up a bit.

For my passengers seat, they do not like it. The padding was good but the seat angles forward. This resulted in them repositioning backwards several times in a 1 hour ride. Gets really annoying after a while and resulted in underwear crawling up.

Ended up putting the stock seat back on with a sheepskin seat cover. The sheepskin is a godsend when riding in 90+F weather.