free website stats program Half Helmets | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Half Helmets

Helmets will help if you go down at a moderate speed and your head hits something. If you're going 80-90 MPH or get T-boned by a semi or good sized SUV, I don't know if anything on your head would help much.

When "The Man" comes out and says "Number XXXXX, Come-on down!" It really doesn't matter where you are, or what you've got on your head.
Till then, Ride on, Ride safe.

I like the halfs, DOT models are fine, what I like about them is I can lock them in the saddle bags. Also have the masks and bandana's if the weather changes. Easier to add layers on the road than pack a second helmet.

Just went through the northern most states from Calgary to Toronto and loved not having to wear a bucket. Got to Michigan and on went the lid, it took a couple of hours to get used to the vibration and weight again. Helmets suck!

P6180031.jpg

P6180032.jpg
these are some pictures of my friends helmet after she went down from hitting a deer. she thinks she was goin around 55-60 mph. if she wouldn't have had this on she would be dead she was told. she got road rash on face and upper lip and chin, ground down some front teeth, and had whole in her upper lip as well . full face would have prevented those injuries, but with the extra weight of it it could have caused neck injuries due to the way she impacted. basically where a helmet of some sort to prevent severe head injuries.

I wear a 1/2 when I go to work, cuz W.Va says so,even though you can ride a 4 wheeler on a paved road (and without lights on). But IMO If ya hit that tree first your'e going to say it then your going to do it!

I ride with a 1/2 helment, its the law here in N.C. But if it wasn't i still would wear one. Some report has said anything over 14 mph at impact is a crap shoot after that.:skipping:newsmile032:

Just witnessed a man die on a brand new fatboy he won from a local dealer.

he was wearing a half helmet (unapproved dot).

its not the fact that it was an unapproved DOT helmet. it's the fact that the half helmet is a brain bucket. helmet suffered very little damage. it was a low speed impact where the car that he glanced (literally. there's only a crack in the driver's bumper) off of was going less than 5 mph and he was going about 25 before the bike laid down and then flipped.

his foot snapped around and off like a wishbone. -hung on by mere ligaments. he died the next day due to internal bleeding in the skull.

he'd been riding for years his neighbors said.

rolling the dice is one thing. but that extra padding provided by a full face probably would have saved his life.

hearing about people dying from motorcycle crashes is entirely different once you see one.

Back