free website stats program Half Chaps?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Half Chaps??

Don't think 1/2 chaps would be easy to get on...regular chaps are tough enough, but since they have the linking belt and buckle waist leather holding them together, with the waist affixed, it is easy the swing left on, zip, swing right on zip and your done...leg only would be clumsier to put on I would think and a problem staying in place when moving around in the saddle...JMO.

Don't think 1/2 chaps would be easy to get on...regular chaps are tough enough, but since they have the linking belt and buckle waist leather holding them together, with the waist affixed, it is easy the swing left on, zip, swing right on zip and your done...leg only would be clumsier to put on I would think and a problem staying in place when moving around in the saddle...JMO.

The ones I have are actually very easy to put on/take off. They're basically a big piece of leather with a zipper that wraps around the lower leg. When they're on, they look a little like the knee-high boots that motor officers wear.

Are those like the leather wraps below the knees like the WWI leggings of old? Do you have pix?

A couple of us had some made last spring, we call them leggins or gators and I use them alot more than the full chaps. They are easy to put on and carry on the bike if you hit some rain...wouldn't leave home without them.

I think I'll get a set of half-chaps for Momma-San, but I prefer leather over-pants to chaps. They are warmer, and are easier to put on and off.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I used half chaps all the time riding my horse. It helped me to hold on with the lower leg when the horse was bucking. Don't need that on the bike but my wife just gave me some real nice full leather chaps for Christmas which will be nice on cold days!

Back