free website stats program Had Dynorun Done: Opinions Please!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Had Dynorun Done: Opinions Please!!

DDogg

Bike is a 08 FXDF FatBob. Since the dealer wasn't busy, I got a good deal on taking my stock bike (1400 miles ) and have a Stage 1 done. Dealer installed a Streaming Eagle A/C, Krome Werks 3" slip-ons, and PCIII. They are an authorized Dyno Dealer. Bear with me because I can't really read the readout. This is were I need some help. Printed in blue the bike went from 80.5 Torque to 85.4. Print in Red, the HP went from 63.2 to 73.4. 10 more hp. Good?? O.K.?? I was going to do the work myself but like I said the deal they gave me was pretty good and I understand the best way to install the PCIII is to have it Dyno'd. The dealer is delivering the bike in a couple hours so I haven't ridden it yet. Just paid for it. Did I get what I paid for. Pipes list for 279. Dealer also changed all three holes for me with new filter. Cost: 1100.00. Pick-up and Delivered.
Opinions Please!

Break down the $1100 a bit better.

Usually with the stage 1 and slipons with just adding fuel, you can expect 10-12 HP and around the same in TQ. It doesn't sound like they did a custom map for you when they tuned it or the numbers would be a bit higher IMO. Chances are they gave you a canned map.

Can you post the dyno sheet? I'd be interested to see the a/f ratios before & after the tune.

That's about a 14% increase in hp.....not bad I'd say.

thats not bad at all as dyno per hr over here is £35per hr and takes 6hrs to set up a PCIII and the stage one is £900 (without a PCIII but a fuel PAK) and service is around £252 all + 15% vat so $1100 aint bad
scan your graphs and fire them up so we can see em whats the AFR??

O.K. Hobbit again, bear with me. AFR I take it as Air Fuel Mixture. On the bottom of the graph along side is says AFR. Next to it is a column starting with 10 and reading up to 17. The graph is a line graph stock starting at about 1900 RPM. Both lines are about the same they start at the 14 on the column and drop quick at 2000 rpm to 13/13.5. Stock the line runs pretty straight thru 5500 rpm at about 13 AFR. Now going along the line after dyno the line is running along at 12.5 and RPM's were run up to 6500.

Can you post the dyno sheet? I'd be interested to see the a/f ratios before & after the tune.

That's about a 14% increase in hp.....not bad I'd say.

I'll gladly scan it and post it. I'd love your opinions and a little teaching. I'll scan at work tomorrow and post.

Break down the $1100 a bit better.

Usually with the stage 1 and slipons with just adding fuel, you can expect 10-12 HP and around the same in TQ. It doesn't sound like they did a custom map for you when they tuned it or the numbers would be a bit higher IMO. Chances are they gave you a canned map.

A canned map. Please explain the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
A canned map. Please explain the difference.

A canned map is a map that is available from the PC website and will get you up and running and be close to what you need with no additional adjustments by the tuner.

Optimally there should be mapping of the fuel (AFR) and ignition curves when doing a dyno besides other areas that need attention to be considered a custom map.

I'll gladly scan it and post it. I'd love your opinions and a little teaching. I'll scan at work tomorrow and post.

Well, don't know about teaching....Most of my dyno experience is on the SuperFlow with a couple of different Mustangs.

I have had my previous bike ('07 Sporty) and my Softail on the dyno before and after mods.

I view the dyno as a good tool for evaluating and tuning. Providing the dyno is correctly calibrated and the operator/tuner is experienced and honest of course. :)

the 12.5 AFR is a nice mix for a twin specially if it keeps it all the way to 6500
AFR - Air Fuel Ratio
my tuned metric ran 12 on the AFR all the way from idle to 7500rpm with cams/mild cleaning on the heads and a 2-1 race pipe oh and stock bore on the vtwin of 1100

Coming from you Hobbit, I appreciate it. Like I said, I'll scan it and try to post it. I'd love to get a good opinion on something you can see.

A canned map is a map that is available from the PC website and will get you up and running and be close to what you need with no additional adjustments by the tuner.

Optimally there should be mapping of the fuel (AFR) and ignition curves when doing a dyno besides other areas that need attention to be considered a custom map.

The Dyno sheet I have shows AFR and Torque and RPM's before and after.
This Dyno was done at Wolverine Harley in Mount Clemens, MI. They are a certifed dealer. Doesn't mean anything but they have treated me A-1. I know and it was probably you Glider that said it's best to have the bike dyno if you installing the PCIII. TFI no.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dyno sheet I have shows AFR and Torque and RPM's before and after.
This Dyno was done at Wolverine Harley in Mount Clemens, MI. They are a certifed dealer. Doesn't mean anything but they have treated me A-1. I know and it was probably you Glider that said it's best to have the bike dyno if you installing the PCIII. TFI no.

call your service dept. and ask what map they did..

Well, don't know about teaching....Most of my dyno experience is on the SuperFlow with a couple of different Mustangs.

I have had my previous bike ('07 Sporty) and my Softail on the dyno before and after mods.

I view the dyno as a good tool for evaluating and tuning. Providing the dyno is correctly calibrated and the operator/tuner is experienced and honest of course. :)
hey joe...how do you know if the dyno doing your mapping is calibrated......; as far as the honest part........i know they're out there.................just need to find one...; and then experienced...........whew........

Back