free website stats program Had a flat Monday | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Had a flat Monday

It's not the plug that would worry me. When you patch and plug an automotive tire there are still 3 non pluged tires on the ground. Add to this that an automotive tire does not go thru the stresses that you put on a motorcycle tire. That hole in the motorcycle tire has compromised the inner wraps and the tread. If you watch videos of motorcycle tires under load and see how the tire treads open and close with the stress. My worry is that the stress around the hole will cause the tread or inner blys to shift or seperate and cause the tire to go flat very rapidly.

anyone ever had a blow out that was caused by a plug ? anyone ever had an engine fail after a mod ?
no dealer is gonna recommend a plug because they doont make money out of them .
All or most of you guys work on your engines ? modify them and increase there power output ? put none standard parts in. Second hand parts ?
I dont see the logic in beliveing thats fine and a plug isent.
Like meny i have gone thousands of miles with plugs. And on a bike such as a harley would have no probs with doing it again.
Personaly i would have more worry getting on my 96 if id recently rebored it to 107 and put new cams in, then getting on it with a plug.
But thats just me..........evryone has to make up there own mind.

Well...I for one wouldn't want to have a blow out or blow up....But Ill take the 107 please.:)..Now that would be nice.

Back