free website stats program H4 - 80/100 Osram Bulb | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

H4 - 80/100 Osram Bulb

Thanks Glider. I'll give that a try.

Here are a couple of excerts from the Checker Auto (O'Reilly Auto Parts) web site. After I get the Osram bulb I'll get one of these and compare them

---------
Sylvania Headlamp: SilverStar; H4
OSRAM has developed the SILVERSTAR range of automotive lamps.
---------

Osram specified via Gliders link, Osram received.

I will put it on this weekend. I hope it holds up well with my headlight modulator.

Cheers!

Thanks glider for great info. Just did the upgrade and let me tell ya: HUGE difference. Night and day literally. You really can see things now that weren't seen before and really no more need for auxiliary lights.

Glad you like it. I was blown away when I first tried that bulb and I'm not an easy sell.

I especially like the way it lights up to the sides too.

Finally got to ride last night with the H4 - 80/100 Osram Bulb installed. Wow what a BIG difference. Not only can I see farther but the sides of the road are well lit too. And when I hit the high beam, double wow!

:good
Thanks Glider, you da man!

Based on the feedback here from everyone I decided to give this headlamp a try.

There is no mistake that the bulb is brighter, but it does not offer very broad coverage. Like I said, it is brighter, but the cutoff of light is very sharp. The stock bulb in my 2008 Ultra Classic provided much broader coverage, just not as bright.

Is it possible to install this bulb wrong? I did have to cut the extra tab off, but I am pretty sure the bulb only goes in one way after that.

I am disappointed. I was really hoping this was going to be a solution. Brighter is good, but I am worried about not having the spread of light that I had before.

Any other advice here? Am I doing something wrong

Don't know what you did or if it is not seated correctly but I have found that the stock bulb gives you a hot spot on the ground in front of the bike and the Osram will light up from side to side on the road and much further out ahead too, much broader than the stock like day and night.

Back