free website stats program H.O.G. Rallies vs. Regular Events? | Harley Davidson Forums

H.O.G. Rallies vs. Regular Events?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I've attended Biketoberfest the last 2 years and went to Leesburg last year also but I've never been to a H.O.G. rally, the state or national version. Looking for input and comments from anyone who has been to both types of events. What's the difference, if there is any? More organized rides at the H.O.G. rallies? More and better vendors at the regular rallies?

Thanks!

My experience on this side of the big water,is that HOG rallies are more organised,more going on,than the other ones,also,there are far fewer drugs around.For real wild partys the other rallies are great,but the HOG ones are also.I guess really your mind set is what makes one type "better" than the other,but "better" is subjective,depending on your own good self and what you expect.Hope this is less confusing to you than me....:newsmile030:

hog rallies are only pointed to brag about dealers and those rallies have clicks, other events are aimed toward bikers, it all depends on what you want.

We attend both, but prefer the group at the HOG events, and the entertainment is normally more to our taste.

Have attended many Americades and a few others over the years. Americade is about the best in general. A great location for manufacturer demo rides. Most will give you between 25 to 40 miles of twisties and interstate combo to get a real feel for their product. They have all kinds of seminars on a broad range of subjects. The Tour Expo vendor area is large and has just about everything covered. If a little diversity in motorcycle demos and riding comparison is what you're looking for then I'd suggest checking out Americade.

NORTH WEST HARLEY CLUB-north west uk,Easter rally,summer rally,plenty of booze,music,great company,secure parking silly games,HD and Indian riders,cant beat it!!! sometimes the big organised rallies are a little to organised if you knw what i mean,we prefer to go to the smaller independant club rallies,jmho....ride safe

I only manage to get to 1 rally during the year and its run by a H.O.G. and its a well run rally seems to have a lot going on but you dont have to join in

Brian

Hey fin-676,Caladonia Harley Club in Stirling are a really nice club,lots goin on,dont knw if they near you.They hold the Wallace Rally up in Stirling,will be my first trip but our club go up every year,may bank holiday w/end

stirling is 180 miles from me so not too far i could possibly orgonise a long weekend for that one (need to find a sitter for dog and cat)
the one i do attend is thunder in the glens in aviemore last weekend in august

Brian

Nice one,will remind you nearer the time Brian,next year its 27th-31st May,so far around 10-12 bikes goin up from our club...Danny

Back