free website stats program H.O.G. membership? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

H.O.G. membership?

I belong to Rose City Hog in Portland Ore. we have about 300 members and are very active all year round. We support the chapter with a yearly poker run
and Latus Motors supports very well with meeting hall/door prizes/ BBQ'S. And he pays the chapter dues if we pay the national dues. it is a win/win deal and he won the Daytona 200 this year.

olbill

For me it came with new bike purchase. I did not renew for there was no real benefit for me. It seems alot of Harley hype if you ask me. I found it interesting when I let membership lapse, I was given numerous offers to renew including if I paid for a year then I would receive a year for free. NO thanks.....

bought it for towing, get a 10% discount at dealer, that pays for it every year....................bw

Local HOG chapter here puts an a good toy run, pig roast and then poker run the following day, I also got into an advanced riding course by being a member, then once a year the local dealership hands out cupons to the members for a 25% discount for a one time shopping spree. I use it and enjoy being involved with it.

I only signed up for HOG as the membership cost was less than the insurance deduction for being a member of it. So, other than that, no real need, but the savings was worth it.

Wow, that's the only part of my insurance that's a great deal. I only pay $12 for tow service (up to 3 a year to nearest facility).

Renewal fee is $45, if you attend rallies and HOG functions, it's worth it...JMO

The money (or the shortage of it) is the only thing that kept me from joining. There are plenty of rides (even at the dealers) that you don't have to be in the HOG to attend. Many of them are free (no fee) rides. They advertise these (non HOG) rides regularly. I tried contacting the HOGs once and they never returned my email.

It would (or could) be kinda neat I've thought, but just never got involved with it.

Back