free website stats program H.O.G. Members | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

H.O.G. Members

Myself , I dont know anything about this H.O.G thing but have only had my sporty for about 5 month. everything I have got has been from the net and its real HD parts no swap meet fake stuff , from boots and jackets to my seat. all NIB and all seemed to be a good price. got my boots for 60 bucks and the dealership wanted 140 for them , seat i got for $148 its a sundowner and new. I have a REAL GOOD turner that will do all my work , i befriended him through a MC club, hes the grease monkey for them and he aint 85 bucks a hour. there are alot of good turners out there not working in a HD shop. for now the only reason i have to go to the HD dealer is for my oil filter lol and ill do the dirty work myself , but like i said im new to the HD lifestyle, i may be young and dumb at this point . but ill always shop around and look at every and any way to get what i need cheaper that what THE MAN wants for it . ive broke my back so i dont like to bend over that much :no

Some stealerships like the one I go to give a 10 % discount for local (not national) HOG club members. My stealership also gave me a free membership to a gold club that gives me money back for money i spend at stealership but that money can only be used there. I still hate them and the fact that they are so over priced and their we need them , they don't need us attitude. If it wasn't for the few people who work there and are actually friends that I ride with, I would probably never deal with them again. :wall That 10 % doesn't even come close to offsetting the high cost of HD stuff. I only buy clothes from the clearance rack for the most part.

Also around here only HOG discounts for local chapter members. I bought my bike 100 miles away different chapter, so no HOG discount for me!

i'm not following you here... are you saying there is a dealer closer to you that offers discounts for the local hog members, but because you're not a member of the local club, you don't get the discount?? if that's the case, you know you can join any local hog club - not just the one you bought your bike from. hell, you don't even have to join the one you bought your bike from!!

Better check out the other motor companies, hundred dollarian is not unique to Harley but if you happen to find one not into making a profit you should change brands !!!!

i'm not following you here... are you saying there is a dealer closer to you that offers discounts for the local hog members, but because you're not a member of the local club, you don't get the discount?? if that's the case, you know you can join any local hog club - not just the one you bought your bike from. hell, you don't even have to join the one you bought your bike from!!

You hit the nail on the head, the dealer 5 miles away says no discount. In fact the dealer I bought the bike at says no discount unless I join the local chapter.

I have a buddy that aspires to be a 1%er and he wears a HOG pin upside down. I'm not sure what he's getting at with doing that, but I'm sure it pees the HOG members round here off pretty good.

A.B.A.T.E seems like a better choice if you ask me. Personally for me I'm just gonna stick to belonging to this forum. I think it is better than any HOG or A.B.A.T.E. or M/C. At least here we are all on a level playing field. We can joke and have a good old time. So what if we aren't going out to terrorize loot pillage and plunder in groups of 80 drunken baffoons.

Seems to me around here with the clubs that it's how drunk can you get, who's "old lady" has the nicest you know what and how much cash you are willing to drop on your bike.

I prefer to ride alone or with a buddy or two. But we do just that, we go out and ride. Usually at least one fill up per adventure. Our idea of riding isn't to fire up the bike to go down the street 2 miles to the biker bar. Guess I'm just a poser wanna be.

THE:rider:pENNSYLVANIA

Hey Klanch the dealer you speak of does offer a frequent buyer card. For every $1000 you spend you get a $150 gift card so that works out to a 15% discount. We all know it's not hard to spend a K on a bike. :s

Hey Klanch the dealer you speak of does offer a frequent buyer card. For every $1000 you spend you get a $150 gift card so that works out to a 15% discount. We all know it's not hard to spend a K on a bike. :s

Yeah Tigg I know. I have one of their cards as I have dropped some cash at said shop. Thing is now, I just can't justify spending the rest there as they really treat me bad. I get the cold shoulder and the "what are you doing here" attitude as I called them out once on a bike I almost bought from them, whole other story. It must be me, as I hear nothing but "good things" about them. I guess that old school saying "the customer is always right" is wrong in the 21st century. I know they don't follow that philosophy there on eisenhower blvd.

I will say that Denny in parts is great though, so I shouldn't keep blasting them. The clothing girls are friendly too. It is the bike salesmen and the management/owners that boil my hide.

You from around these parts Tigg? We should go for a ride sometime if the snow and rain will ever stop. If we go by Punxutawney Phil's prediction, winter should be over next Thursday. But Big Jim on TV says otherwise....

I can't take it anymore, I'm going snowboarding in the rain...

:rider:pENNSYLVANIA

I live about middle ways between 2 dealers 40 miles to each and both have great people working there, but the one I bought my bike from doesn't give a discount, but the other one gives me 10%.Guess who I buy most of my parts from

I have been riding for 22 years now and had never been part of HOG but I got involved with a chapter close to me and was happy to find all the things I had heard about HOG chapters untrue about this one. They are not just Sunday riders who where the cloths. They ride in all weather and it is nothing for them to go on a 450 mile one day ride. They plan activities for just about every weekend all spring, summer, and fall and at least two per month in the winter. You make of it what you what. The owners of the dealership are also very active and supportive. We get no direct discount but there are other perks when you are a regular face.

I just wanted to offer this info. Motown harley in taylor, Michigan offers 20% off list price for HD stuff bought online.The only catch is that you must know what part number you are looking for and pay shipping their website is Biker Bob's Harley-Davidson Motown -:- Taylor, MI or motownharley.com. You don't have to be affiliated with any hog chapter either.

ride to the sun

Back