free website stats program H.O.G. Members | Harley Davidson Forums

H.O.G. Members

rebels1

HIGHLY upset ,I am tired of paying the High HD prices for their motorclothes and parts .We buy their motorcyles ,use their finance company and buy their motorclothes ,and parts and ect.And we even join their owners group. I feel that with all this fore mentioned being a member Of the HOG should intitle us to a discount on their Parts,motorclothes and Ect ?? Are you tired of
being Hundred Dollaring to death?? I am asking this in response to a possiable petition being sent out . How about some feed Back ??

Last edited by a moderator:
supply and demand... as long as someone keeps buyin', they'll keep the prices up...

as far as getting a hog discount - that's up to the local hog club and the dealership to work out. some local hog clubs have better deals than others... as far as a discount for being a member of the national hog, i'm not holding my breath...

As far as parts some i buy from hd others i get from other manufaturers. I look for the best buy on quality stuff and buy accordingly. As to the clothing and such. If you gotta have the hd logo on everything you wear then you gotta swallow the bullet and pay the price. Personally give me a black t-shirt (no logo) and some ratty levis and I'm a happy camper.

Here in our area we have a dealer that if a part are clothing they would normally stock is not in: then if they have to order it its they give you 20 % off the item. Also they have some fantastic midnight madness sales as well..Holy Cow I sound like my wife!...Plus they give you a card that every $250.00 you get 25 dollars off...that includes service...its called Doc'c Harley Davidson in Kirkwood, Missouri. Also our local "Hog chapters" have discounts for their members...Its 10 percent I believe...also we do buy stuff off the internet...I have Harley Baseball style hats I get for 7.95...and made in China just like the ones in the Harley stores...lol..And also buy some big ticket items at swap meets and Rally s...So shop around..I personally don't belong to a local Hog Chapter..way toooo much politics but do belong to the National Chapter...lol I like the magazines ....So TC and good shopping!:p

all i can say is get to know the dealer mostly the parts guys get a good rapor with them and the service guys and you will be pleasantly surprised, even if its only 10% its still a start

good point... as i was reading through the previous posts, the thought hit me and hobbit had already written it!!

get to know the people at the dealership - get some personal rapport going on. i can get a minimum ten or fifteen percent discount on anything i buy in motorclothes because i've got a good rapport with one of the ladies there. if she's not working, i'm not buying - and she knows that (it helps her commissions too). same thing with parts and service.

Compare the prices at different HD shops. I recently wanted a wind breaker type jacket and all three shops in my area had it. One was charging $130, another was charging $120 and the third was charging $100.

Also, I noted that one has a hourly labor rate of $80 and another has a rate of $70.

Guess which one I will buy the jacket from? Guess which one I will have work done at? The same one that has the lower jacket price also has the lower labor rate? Oh, and to top it off, the dealership that has the middle priced things try to tell me that the others charge more than him. He was half right and half wrong!

The highest priced HD dealership is in the higher priced area of town, so I don't think they will lower their prices because they know that most of the people coming to their store have higher incomes. The car dealerships adjacent and across from this dealership include Porche, Lexus, Jag, Audi, etc.

So Ozoneman, how are you doing with your new ride??

It is going well! Got it out this past Sunday and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to many more riding days. I've started to plan some trips and now that my son has bought a bike (sort of, it is a Honda VTX), he wants to tag along with me and the wife on a few adventures. In the past we sailed a lot as a family, now it looks like we will be riding as a family.

If I could recommend, get bike to bike communication. My wife and I use it and it is wonderful. Makes the ride so much better being able to talk as we ride. If you want info on my system, which works really well and I have tested a number of them, please just ask!!!

My Ultra came with Intercom plugs. It also came with one headset. I need to get another. I've been watching Ebay and a $189 HD headset can be gotten for about $120-$130 on Ebay. Most of them are brand new and came with Ultras that didn't use them.

This one got me boiling too. You get a "free" year membership to H.O.G? Doesn't simply by owning a Harley make you a Harley Owner? Also around here only HOG discounts for local chapter members. I bought my bike 100 miles away different chapter, so no HOG discount for me!

I think somebody should beat up old Willie G. and steal his wallet to show him how some of us feel... And not a 1%er, somebody in a business suit should kick his butt and take his wallet I'm telling you then he would know how it feels sometimes after you walk out of the stealership. Kind of the same way you feel after a prison gangbang.

THE:rider:pENNSYLVANIA

Back