free website stats program H-D Throttle Body Sizes | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D Throttle Body Sizes

Rod Stewart

Just want to clarify TB sizes.
I believe 54 mm is stock up to 2007.
Then I think 58 mm is used 2008 on for TC-96 and TC-103 applications.
I believe you can get 62 mm and 64 mm sizes for higher HP engines.
Are there other sizes around?

I am doing a 103 BB kit on a 2007 TC-96, which includes SE-255 cams.
It will wind up at about 9.2 CCR and I have access to a surplus 58 mm TB; at least that is what I think it is.

Thanks for any advice.
Rod

There are several throttle bodies sizes used over the years. There has never been a 58mm used on a stock bike. The sizes I remember are 46, 50 and 54 but I think there is more. CAble and ETC units are different as are the MM units. I believe yours came with a 46mm in 2007 but you would need to check and make sure.

Steve, thanks for the info.
The 2014 Screaming Eagle catalog makes ref to 58, 62, & 64 mm TB sizes. That's where my info is coming from.
It sounds like that is based on the main bore diameter, whereas your info might be the throttle plate bore diameter perhaps?
My stock TB measures about 54mm main bore and 44mm throttle plate bore diameter from what I can see. Does that sound right?

Rod

(My 5 minute time limit to edit my previous post had expired, so I added this comment here.)
On another post I see that the TB size is usually referred to the opening right behind the air cleaner backing plate; ie the main TB bore.

Rod

2001-2005 Delphi are 44mm. 2006-present are 46mm for all cable operated bikes. 2008-present DBW FLs are 50 mm.

You could benefit from a larger 50mm but 58mm is a bit OTT for a 103" motor without head work.

Back