free website stats program H-D Speedo/Tach Combo Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D Speedo/Tach Combo Kit

rlsmith1

Does anyone have the H-D Speedo/Tach Combo Kit (Part #74556-07) installed on their Softail? If so, maybe you can provide me with a little information about the item. I understand H-D no longer sells the item but I bought one at a reduced price (brand new) and am in the process of getting the mileage set from my old speedo. What features does it have? Mileage, 2 trip odometers, clock (?) or anything else? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Does anyone have the H-D Speedo/Tach Combo Kit (Part #74556-07) installed on their Softail? If so, maybe you can provide me with a little information about the item. I understand H-D no longer sells the item but I bought one at a reduced price (brand new) and am in the process of getting the mileage set from my old speedo. What features does it have? Mileage, 2 trip odometers, clock (?) or anything else? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
This is what I installed on my 2007 Heritage 4 weeks ago. Not too many choices out there for this year and model. Found it at the local HD Dealer and they discounted it greatly as they said HD is not making them any more.

Unlike the stock unit this unit does not have the clock. I actually like that as now when I ride I'm not always checking the time.

I also realized that I was not winding the big twin up much as I thought. The tach really is a nice feature.

Harley-Davidson Combination Speedometer/Tachometer - Hot Bike Baggers Magazine

how hard was it to install? anything special or just plug and play? Pics?
Not hard. About 30 minutes taking my time. I have a complete HD repair and service manual and that helped. I did as advised and also recommed that you place a soft towel or blanket over your gas tank when doing the removal and install of the speedo. And do unplug the negative terminal to your battery before starting the procedure.

Looks like "dmbg" also has you covered.

I didn't take pics of the install but yes everything was plug & play.

Update:

After waiting approx 1 mo. a company called Bligidy in TX returned that new H-D Speedo/Tach to me. I immediately headed to the garage to swap out the new one for the OEM. Yes, it was relative simple. However, when I got done and reconnected the battery and turned the key on, the odometer read "000000" when I had paid to have it reinstated to approx 8300 miles. What a waste of time and money. Now to try and get a refund for services provided unsatisfactorily. Beware...

I just purchased 74549-04 and it's also obsolete and my dealer in NC called Harley and the people he spoke with don't know how to go about getting the millage reinstated on the speedo. Could you provide info that i could pass on to my dealer to aid in getting my speedo reinstated ?

thanks

Back