free website stats program H-D Screamin' Eagle 103" Stage III or IV kit | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D Screamin' Eagle 103" Stage III or IV kit

I just had a 103 stage 3 kit put in my 09 super glide. HUGE difference over the stock set up. the 10:5 - 1 pistons are a big inprovement along with the cams and thicker clutch plate. I port / polished the heads when they were off so no need to do the satge 4

I just had a 103 stage 3 kit put in my 09 super glide. HUGE difference over the stock set up. the 10:5 - 1 pistons are a big inprovement along with the cams and thicker clutch plate. I port / polished the heads when they were off so no need to do the satge 4

Hey,

Let us know the results of your set-up.. it looks promising. :Banane05:

R2Kvet

I remember going through the breakin period, I could not stop smiling. You should change your engine oil soon, it's probably very dark right now. Once you have your fuel management system tuned to the new set-up, the pinking should reduce and the engine's performance will be much better at all RPM.

When I got back on the saddle after the tuning, I was a very happy customer. You should have no problem breaking the 100HP barrier.

Good luck man.

R2KVET

well i am still runing mine in 300ish miles on the new motor and i have tried the high octane fuel as i had a little pinking and whooooooossssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it runs harder and no pinking and sounds better

I've got a 08 ultra that I put the screaming eagle stage 4 kit on. It runs great so far, I will have it dynoed next week and will post the numbers here. Also I had a 30% off coupon. i asked the dealer if it was good for a $2,400 purchase and they had the owner come out and he said if the 103 kit was a single part # that he would give me the 30% off, it is one part number, saved me $720 on the parts alone. The kit is in the screaming eagle catalog. Its supposed to get around 110hp, 108tq. We will see next week.

Ultra, I had that kit installed on my 08 SG. I substituted smaller cams (251s). dynoed 104hp/106Tq with V&H Pro pipe.

i have a 07 street bob. vance and hines straightshot slip ons, stage 1 air filter, reace tuner, 103 with forged pistons, SE211 cam. 101 hp and 117 tq. planning on ported heads and different springs and ACR and possibly a gear driven cam or a different cam for sure for the winter project. so far decent numbers for not a lot spent. hopin that the new project will have a nice increase as well, time will tell.

The Stage I 103" kit is a top end upgrade and cam replacement; the stock heads flow fairly well as they come from the factory. Buy yourself a SM, pull your heads and cylinders, buy the pistons, have the cylinders bored to fit the pistons, replace the stock head gasket with a Cometic .030" head gasket, replace the cams with Andrews 54s, add some Cycle Shack or Rush slipons, install the TTS Mastertune (assuming there is a tuner in the area that uses it) or the TMax w/Auto Tune if a tuner/dyno is not handy and you will run circles around a factory Stage I upgrade.

Do the work yourself, it's just not that hard. There are 95" builds making some of the numbers posted here for 103" builds.

Last edited:
Back