free website stats program h-d oil filter bypass &fueling oil pump | Harley Davidson Forums

h-d oil filter bypass &fueling oil pump

brownfoxx1

what is the stock premium oil filter by-pass psi set at?
whatt pressure does the fueling Preformance) oil series oil pump run in psi?

what is the stock premium oil filter by-pass psi set at?
whatt pressure does the fueling Preformance) oil series oil pump run in psi?

When I put in a Feuling oil pump in my 2000 FXDS in about 01/02 it ran about 40/45 lbs.. Hot was 36/42...

Same as the 07 and up pumps of today.

The Volume OUT (sumping) of the crank-case was the Important thing to me back then. Larger gerotors made No sumping possible...
HD probably copied the Feuling pump(knowing they worked good).. Pumps were needed at the Start of the earlyTC's but HD only improved them in 07(06 dyna) and Up.

My 09 runs strong at 40+ but cold weather here now and it never gets hot enough to tell me What Hot pressure is.. I put the SE255's in and aligned the oil pump, it has showed 5# more pressure at idle when it is at Running temps(checked when warm out)...... Good alignment.

signed....BUBBIE

When I put in a Feuling oil pump in my 2000 FXDS in about 01/02 it ran about 40/45 lbs.. Hot was 36/42...

Same as the 07 and up pumps of today.

The Volume OUT (sumping) of the crank-case was the Important thing to me back then. Larger gerotors made No sumping possible...
HD probably copied the Feuling pump(knowing they worked good).. Pumps were needed at the Start of the earlyTC's but HD only improved them in 07(06 dyna) and Up.

My 09 runs strong at 40+ but cold weather here now and it never gets hot enough to tell me What Hot pressure is.. I put the SE255's in and aligned the oil pump, it has showed 5# more pressure at idle when it is at Running temps(checked when warm out)...... Good alignment.

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie,
Could you elaborate on "aligned the oil pump", Please? I don't know what that means.
I'm sure I don't need to do it to my bike, I'm just curious.

Thank You!

Bubbie,
Could you elaborate on "aligned the oil pump", Please? I don't know what that means.
I'm sure I don't need to do it to my bike, I'm just curious.

Thank You!
When you have the camplate off OR oil pump bolts Loosened....
The way I do mine, when ready to Tighten down the pump,,,,, I Take out the plugs Put bike into 5th gear while on the lift.....

FINGER SNUG the 4 bolts that hold the pump (YET can be wiggled around) ...

Rolling the rear tire forward puts a Normal working pressure on the oil pump TURNING it forward in direction of travel.... Snuging the 2 Hor. bolts a little at the same time turning the rear wheel forward...(two people works better)

This has the pump turning, doing two things... Making Gerotors align up if out of position AND positioning the oil pump Housing in alignment with the bolts TO cam-plate.

IF the Pump is setting OFF to one side, the geroters will be Pressured to one side and NOT function Perfectly as they CAN.... Unusual wear on the pump, gears, cam-plate where gerotors rub... Lack of FULL oil pressure and Not fully Scavvaging the crank oil can result..

IT isn't MUCH in measured demention but I HAVE found that doing it this way Does make a difference......

I do Have special TAPERED studs I CAN place into two holes to align pump to the camplate BUT I prefer to turn motor forward in motion to align pump....

Just does good in my book.

I HAVE before, JUST taken off the cam-cover on a bike to RE-ALIGN the oil pump,,,,,, Loosen and RE tighten using the above method, and DID see a better oil pressure and Scavvaging when done...

signed....BUBBIE

When you have the camplate off OR oil pump bolts Loosened....
The way I do mine, when ready to Tighten down the pump,,,,, I Take out the plugs Put bike into 5th gear while on the lift.....

FINGER SNUG the 4 bolts that hold the pump (YET can be wiggled around) ...

Rolling the rear tire forward puts a Normal working pressure on the oil pump TURNING it forward in direction of travel.... Snuging the 2 Hor. bolts a little at the same time turning the rear wheel forward...(two people works better)

This has the pump turning, doing two things... Making Gerotors align up if out of position AND positioning the oil pump Housing in alignment with the bolts TO cam-plate.

IF the Pump is setting OFF to one side, the geroters will be Pressured to one side and NOT function Perfectly as they CAN.... Unusual wear on the pump, gears, cam-plate where gerotors rub... Lack of FULL oil pressure and Not fully Scavvaging the crank oil can result..

IT isn't MUCH in measured demention but I HAVE found that doing it this way Does make a difference......

I do Have special TAPERED studs I CAN place into two holes to align pump to the camplate BUT I prefer to turn motor forward in motion to align pump....

Just does good in my book.

I HAVE before, JUST taken off the cam-cover on a bike to RE-ALIGN the oil pump,,,,,, Loosen and RE tighten using the above method, and DID see a better oil pressure and Scavvaging when done...

signed....BUBBIE

That was an interesting read, Thank You!

Back