free website stats program H-D manufacture engine rebuild? | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D manufacture engine rebuild?

Randall K. Wilson

Has anyone on this forum ever had any experience with the Factory engine rebuild jobs? How long did it take to get your engine back?

My pal is sending his 2003 Twin Cam 88 to Millwaukee for the works.

I think he told me it comes with a one year warrantee.

Reman Program - It is an excellent program. All factory done to factory specs with factory equipment! If you are considering having someone else work on a major overhaul, this is the way to go. I can't remember the specifics on timeframe, but there used to be a link on the HD website to a description of the program.

Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Engines | Remanufacturing

The only thing I wish is that they let US send the engines in. The way it works, the engine has to be removed from the bike, sent to HD and reinstalled on the bike by a HD Dealership. That is the weak link in the process IMHO.

Two week turn around to the Dealership. One year warranty on the work done by the factory.

TQ

Last edited:
I agree with TQ, I think a lot of us are quailified to do an engine R&R. I think if they offered us this option and then have the dealer do a setup this would be great.

Harley offers the engine rebuilds from the Evo to today's twin cam. All the chrome and polished parts are trashed. Early Evo's get new engine cases as some of those had porous oil leaks. I think all they keep is the engine cases and every thing else is exchanged for rebuilts ready to go. If you destroy cases like drag racing or tire burn out. Harley will replace the cases and all parts damaged for the same price. I know if I were Harley I would not give a one year warranty with out my trained mechainics reinstalling the engine. This isn't meant to insult but I have worked on the far side of the counter. Fossil

Back