free website stats program Guy tried to run over me | Harley Davidson Forums

Guy tried to run over me

HOLY DIVER

On my way home today on I-85 a guy changed lanes into my lane pushing me over in the emergency lane.ok what's got me upset is what I did......when I saw he was coming over I hit hit every button on my controls 10 times except the one I was trying to hit (the horn) I turned my left turn signal on also turned my headlight to bright flipped through to trip meters. I've been riding 16 years so this isn't the first time someone has tried to run me over but this is the first time I felt I didn't to my part (hitting the horn) in this case to avoid an accident .......... Rode the rest of the way home with my thumb on the horn
WAP.gif

That's always scary. You should see the drivers here in Fayetteville, NC. OMG its terrible... holy cow. If I remember correctly though, I-85 is in NC, near Raleigh?

I had a similar situation and did the same thing. Actually your honed evasive riding skills, and keeping cool under pressure is what has saved you from a catastrophe. The horn probably would not have made a difference any way.
So in all actuality you did do your part to avoid a accident...... Great job..:s

Glad you survived. I agree with dbmg though, you did your part. :s

I sometimes have the opposite problem....I hit the horn when I really want to turn left...and I'm really bad when I switch to my Honda Dual Sport! :)

The horn would have made no difference. HD's horn is pretty much a joke anyway. You did good.

You did a good job, these things happen so fast and our horns are not going to stop these guys glad you are OK

So happy to see you didnt crash!!!! BUT, I know exactly what you are talking about. It has happened to me on several occasions,,, maybe just want to blow the horn at a neighbor or something -- yep - hit the wrong button. I even practice hitting the horn button from time to time and still MISS when I need to hit it!!! :) I think maybe its a hurried or rush thing - same thing with the high beams -- someone comes up with high beams and I hit the horn button haha.... its just a quick knee jerk that we are totally not used to hitting THAT button and just miss or hit the wrong one.... it happens. Just like a cell phone - sometimes you hit the wrong buttons!!

Ride safe and God Bless
Bill

I have done the same thing my self, I feel your pain. I was kicking myself for a long time when that happened. Glad you had some place to go & are safe.

Toby

Not your fault. I'm pretty sure the horn button moves around and hides when you want it in a hurry like that!

IMO, you did very well. No crash and you are trying to correct the way that you responded, which you are not happy with. Nothing wrong with that. It's always best that we all try to improve in every aspect of our riding skills. For what it's worth, we have all had those "should'a ..could'a" moments. For my part, I try to cover the horn, brake , etc., when I'm entering a potentially dangerous environment. My reactions are not that way they were 20 years ago, but that's just life.

Back