Gun case

Discussion in 'Gun Locker' started by dogdad, Jul 28, 2010.

1. dogdad

dogdad Active Member

Any recommendations on a foam filled pistol carrying case?

2. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Personally do not like foam linings, with age and gun cleaner/lubricant residues they deteriorate into a flakey sticky goo...don't ask me how I know. I like to use desiccant and the so-called acyclic sheep skin/loop pile or similar man made material liner. If you have sponge foam, use a clean white cotton terry towel to protect your equipment from direct contact.

Yes you can use an old lightly oiled white cotton Tee shirt wrap if you use a nylon sack or cover, but that is about it. I also like using Outers cleaner, just because it doesn't have that terribly strong smell, whether coming out after long storage, or routine cleanup after firing range routing to wipe down for packing away...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  3. dr robert

dr robert Active Member

I use a vintage (cheap on ebay) Haliburton suitcase. They are extremely strong, big, good looking, and last forever. Check them out. They make a lot of sizes. I think I paid $30 for my last one.

4. The4opps1

The4opps1 Junior Member

As with many other topics, ask twenty people this question, and you'll mosre than likely get twenty different answers. IMO, much depends on what you are going to do with the case; that is, is it being used to carry a gun to the range? Store a gun in the home? Each style has it's merits. I have several plastic foam filled cases and several of the "fleece lined" soft cases. The one I use most is a twenty five year old "GunHo" pistol case. I picked this one years ago because I was really into bullseye shooting, and this allowed me to carry my bullseye guns, a spotting scope, ammo, glasses, etc. in one package.

5. cool2see

cool2see Member

I only use cases for transportation... Storage is always in a safe. I like the security and temperature control of it alot better then in a case.

6. cromedome

cromedome Active Member

Do a Google search for Pelco caes, several vendors, great locking systems on their cases.