free website stats program Guide on how to just ride..for couple of hours | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Guide on how to just ride..for couple of hours

When you buy the DeLorme atlas and gazetter make sure you get the back roads edition

I never realized that there might be more than one Delorme Gazetteer. I just looked at the cover of mine and it has "Back roads and Outdoor recreation" printed on the cover. Good to know if I order one for another state.

I found the same sites as Redfish by typing in good motorcycle rides in a google search. They do allow you to load in a good ride if you like. I'm with you most of my rides are just a few hours long and what a difference it makes in the attitude.

I Guess I'm lucky. I live in the shenandoah valley in Va., and they're lots of good rides on the 2-4 hour time frame. If you're ever in the Valley drop a line and I'll be glad to give some suggestions.

From the central valley of California (Modesto), 2-3 hour rides can get you to, Reno, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite NP, Monterrey Bay, San Francisco and countless winding foothill and mountain roadways from sea level to nearly 10,000 foot elevation. Sometimes it's tough to decide which direction to head off in, but usually any one them is better than riding the couch.:small3d031:

I picked up a scenic roads map of Virginia and have highlighted several possible routes to ride. Some are about an hour, others up to 4 hours.

If you are a HOG member their website has a trip planner and I think it has a scenic rides section that lists various scenic rides all over America.

Back