free website stats program Guard Dawg-Is anybody out there using, or have used, this product? | Harley Davidson Forums

Guard Dawg-Is anybody out there using, or have used, this product?

Texas_Biker

Hello out there HD fans, Is anybody out there using, or have used, this product?

Digital "Guard Dawg" Personal Security System For Harley-Davidson Motorcycles

I have a customer who's a surgeon, and he has asked, as I do most of the work on his scoot, if I knew anything about this product. It's supposed to be a hands free security device which allows you to power on/off the ignition switch without physicaly having to lock it. You carry a small 'Dawg Tag' with you and all power functions are handled automatically via a relay whenever you walk away from, or return to the motorcycle. The 'tag' only allows it to be started from within a 10' ft range. When you leave, you're automatically protected, even if someone has your keys. The 'tag' has a digital identity so it cannot be duplicated. It uses a relay interfacing the starting system, replacing your HD starter relay, with their 'smart relay' which contain the micro-components that power the digital security function of it. You are not suppose to be able to start, even by by-passing the ignition switch. I haven't ran into anyone here that has used one of these yet. Yes, I've been to the web site. It all sounds good, I'd like to have some user feedback, also. Yes, we know to tell him to keep the original HD relay handy! Anyone, pros and cons, about this $175.00 device, out there?

Got the same thing on car ,works great, but still ain't going to stop a thief, if they want it they will get it

The DGD works for me, it will only disable the starter circuit not the ignition. I wanted something for a gas station parking lot or a visit into MacDonalds. I am too lazy to lock my bike out every time that I leave it for a few minutes. The bike can be bump started. It is an easy install, just swap out the starter relay for the guard dawg relay.
kemo

$175.00??

Is that what they really cost? Wow!

Any way I had one on a used bagger, but found it to be more hassle than it was worth due to you had to hit the remote every time you wanted to start the bike. So I removed it and put it on a rat bike that had a universal 3 prong key switch that would have been east to hot wire, so it gave me a little more piece of mind.

The other poster is correct though it is just a starter solenoid controlled via push button fob. IMO made in china and not worth 175 bucks.
But then again I guess doctors do not have to worry about unemployment and spending money wisely.

The sensitvity is about 10 feet. Mine works 90 percent of the time on its own, if it dosen't disarm then you have to shake it or press the button. I am very satisfied with mine. If you order one make sure that you check your starter relay. Harley changed the relay and the appication chart listed the wrong one for my bike so I had to send it back and reorder. My bike is a 2000 E/G and has the small relay. I think that I paid about $140 for mine and then I ordered another fob.
kemo

Back