free website stats program grips | Harley Davidson Forums

grips

chuck60

How hard is it to change out handle bar grips on a 08 road king, what are the steps to do it your self.

If this is a throttle by wire it is very easy, it it has cables it is easy. Search this site and there are plenty of good instructions.

If you are using the Harley grips that are "no glue", then the hardest part is cutting off the original grip on the left side. If you are using grips that glue on, then the hardest part is getting the right amount of glue on the left side without getting too much so it doesn't dry.

I've changed mine a couple of times now, and it's really pretty simple. It's definitely not worth what the dealer charges to install them.

If you are using the Harley grips that are "no glue", then the hardest part is cutting off the original grip on the left side. If you are using grips that glue on, then the hardest part is getting the right amount of glue on the left side without getting too much so it doesn't dry.

I've changed mine a couple of times now, and it's really pretty simple. It's definitely not worth what the dealer charges to install them.

Try this to remove the grips...

Harley Davidson Community

Back