free website stats program Grips | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Grips

I've got the Iso-grips on mine. The grip itself seems a bit large, but I love the throttle boss and the helmet locks on them. My wife has ISO-flame grips on hers, and really loves them.

These are the Aileron grips
I find them yery comfortable and no more sore thumbs

I installed the Aileron grips on my 09 Ultra Classic. Really nice grips.

Tim

Attachments

• 56425-08 Aileron Grips 08-09 Touring models.jpg
    56425-08 Aileron Grips 08-09 Touring models.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 56425-08 Aileron Grips 08-09 Touring models1.jpg
    56425-08 Aileron Grips 08-09 Touring models1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 23
I have small hands, wanted small diameter 1.3" grips, smooth w/ no seams. The HD Contoured Rubber & Chrome Grips $49 were the ticket for me.

56459_01_M_175af.jpg
56799-04

How are they to replace? Is the TBW any trouble to the install? Thanks.

They are easy to install. Actually they took less time to install them than when I installed new grips on an 05 XL. You don't have to mess with the small ferrels that are on the ends of the throttle cables on the olders bikes that seem to want to go flying in the gargage. The instructions for the 08-09 TBW are real easy to fowllow. Took me longer to get the left grip off than to put the new grips on both sides. I did not cut the left grip, used a hacksaw blade between the grip and handlebar and loosened up the adhesive and then twisted the old grip off. The right side has a gear type control at the end of the handlebar. Line up the grip with the gear on the inside of the new grip and put the covers back on and tighten everything up.

Tim :)

I have the 08 Ultra and have the ISO Kuriakyn also, I have had them on my last four bikes and they are excellent

I'm looking for a new set of grips for my FLHRC (currently they are stock). I am purely looking for comfort/ergonomics... at this point, I don't think I want heated grips. The Aileron look pretty nice, any other's I should be contemplating... whether made by HD or not?
Drew

I just put Kuryakyn ISO grips on my '09 FLHX; it took about 10 minutes. Use a sharp knife to cut the left hand grip, it is glued in place. The right hand ISO grip for the '08-'09 touring bikes is geared inside to fit the electric throttle gear at the end of the handlebar. If I recall the Kuryakyn number is 6228. They are about $60 on eBay. :)

Back