free website stats program Grips | Harley Davidson Forums

Grips

Drew

I'm looking for a new set of grips for my FLHRC (currently they are stock). I am purely looking for comfort/ergonomics... at this point, I don't think I want heated grips. The Aileron look pretty nice, any other's I should be contemplating... whether made by HD or not?

I did a search of this topic, which I'm sure has been covered, but didn't find anything.

thanks
Drew

I've had the Aileron grips on a few bikes now and I like them. They are very comfortable and shape to the hand quite well.
Save your money on the heated grips, they don't last long. Heated gloves are the only way to go here IMO.

Got to agree with Hobbit on this. I have the Kuryakyn ISO grips with the throttle boss on my '03 UC. They are comfortable. My little bike has the stock grips. Bare utility there!

TQ

TQ..."--little bike...?" With an HD...! we ARE liv'in a little "large" owning more than one bike?...LOL :bigsmiley8:

I've had the Aileron grips on a few bikes now and I like them. They are very comfortable and shape to the hand quite well.
Save your money on the heated grips, they don't last long. Heated gloves are the only way to go here IMO.

Are these available for 09 touring models?

I have these.
IMG_1766.jpg

HD Nostalgia grips, these just fit my hand. Similar to the Grand Turismo grips I had on my Guzzi. A rounded grip in the middle works well for me.

just finished fitting ISO grips and pegs to the softail
have had ISO on the Sportster since i got it and the Dyna came with them already fitted look good and comfortable as well so all the bikes similar setup

Brian

Had the Kury ISO grips on my Sporty and loved them but be aware, as Smitty pointed out, they really do increase the overall effective thickness of the grip so if you have small to medium hands, be sure to try them out on a used bike lot or on a friend's bike.

Also had a salesman point out something to me which should be obvious but it was an "a-ha!" moment for me. He said he was amazed at how many people walk around the showroom or used bike area checking out different grips with bare hands when they normally ride with gloves! Be sure you have your gloves or very similar ones on when you are sampling different grips.

Back