free website stats program Grip Replacment | Harley Davidson Forums

Grip Replacment

pdh62

Looking to replace the stock grips on my 2014 Hertiage.....So many out there and it really has me scratching my head on what I need and want......
After alot of internet browsing.....leaning towards the Kuryakyn Premium ISO with the Contoured Throttle Boss....
I need the throttle boss because my fingers get numb and I use the CrampBuster on my stock grips which helps alot....
Does anyone out there use and like these Kuyakyn grips?
I am open to opinion on other brands also...
Thanks

Had them on my last to scoots and like them. Had the throttle buddy with one but now I have cruise control.
Without cruise control they are a must for long rides.:)

I've had ISO grips with the small throttle boss on my last two bikes. As small as the boss is, it makes a difference. One thing I do, is to hold on to the grips for a while and note just what position I like, (my speed avg. is 55-65 mph) then I install them at that position. Once I put my grips on, there's NO moving them.

i have the coolsac on my heritage and love them havent had my hands tingle or go to slleep since i put them on, but will tell you they are a little larger in diameter than a lot of grips out there, i have the braided to match my bike color

I have Kuryakyn iso grips on all 3 bikes as the softail and sportster are solid mounted engines I do get a lot of vibration on the bars and these grips do help to dampen vibration
I tend to stop every 100 miles or so to stretch and ease my old bones anyway

Brian

Those Kuryakyn grips look like they're pretty functional for your numbness issue...never tried them, myself. I've always been a fan of Avon grips and had the throttle boss on my Sportster. Loved the grips...hated the throttle boss.

Those Kuryakyn grips look like they're pretty functional for your numbness issue...never tried them, myself. I've always been a fan of Avon grips and had the throttle boss on my Sportster. Loved the grips...hated the throttle boss.
I have looked at the Avon....
The numbness issue is not due to vibration. My Heritage does not have vibration in the bars.....It's the position of my hand on the throttle..pinched nerve ...Got the CrampBuster several years when I had my metric bike and it really helped....
Thanks you guys for all your replies and help.....

Back