free website stats program Grip Heaters won't turn off? | Harley Davidson Forums

Grip Heaters won't turn off?

10tk

Just bought a new 2010 Ultra Limited and the heated grips will not shut off. The dealer is not open again until 1/5 and I want to ride! Anyone know where the individual fuse (as shown in HD Installation Instructions) is located on this bike so I can remove it?

I don't have the 2010 schematics but I do have 2009. As it applies to the 2009, it is a 5 amp fuse, 2nd column from left to right, 2nd fuse from the bottom. It looks to be the Only 5 amp fuse in the fuse box caddy.

Hoople -- Thanks for the reply

My grips must be wired differently since I do not have a fuse in that position.

Attachments

• 2010 FLHTK Fuses.jpg
    2010 FLHTK Fuses.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 16
Not a single 5 amp fuse anywhere. What is the Exact letter config of your bike. (FLHTXXX). The wall charts I have list so many.

I can not find a single fuse box in all of '09 that looks exactly like your 2010. Sorry I could not be of more help. Since you don't have a single 5 amp, I would guess if you did find the fuse, it also powers other things at the same time. On the '09, it looks like a dedicated fuse for the grips.

FLHTK

I heard from someone else that the P&A fuse is the one so I removed it and the grips are now off. I'm hoping the only other item effected by removing this is the 15 amp charging socket in the Tour Pak.

In the owners manual, is there an identifying diagram of the fuse assignements as your model 2010 is so new? Likely they installed a fuse in one of the normally unoccupied positions, as the Heated Grips installation likely required inserting pins or recepticles terminations into spare connector shells that feed to vacant accessory fuse position.

I should add the P&A fuse is the 3rd from the left top row.

No more burned hands. I took my wife to lunch yesterday (150 mile ride) and even with leather gloves my hands got toasted.

Attachments

• ouch.jpg
    ouch.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 12
I also have a P&A fuse on my Dyna. I just wanted to know exactly what P&A stood for and can't find it in the manual. Would anyone know.

Wow, heated grips are one thing, but burned hands...hmmm may want to get some sort of temp control rheostat, and find out from the dealer once they get back from the holidays to get this guy outta there:devil..!

Back