free website stats program Grip guards or grip chaps | Harley Davidson Forums

Grip guards or grip chaps

BikeSAG

I use soft lowers when riding in the cold weather and really love them as they make a difference in keeping the cold off.

I'd like some grip guards or grip chaps as my commute is 62 miles each way and at 70 mph even my best winter riding gloves get cool or cold by then.

Has anyone used anything like this (see pictures)? I have not been able to find any of HD quality out there.

Attachments

• paws5.jpg
    paws5.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 55
  • paws4.jpg
    paws4.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 47
I have a set of Hippo Hands made by Vettor. They were purchased in the '70s and I don't know if you can still get them. Mine have a vinyl/leather look outer covering and fleece type inner. I wouldn't trade them for anything else.

Goin to have to get some! They will definitely allow me to ride to work on very cold mornings and then enjoy the warmer temps on the way home.

Heated gloves would allow you more freedom to move your hands.
I certainly have considered that glider but I occassionally get caught in a rain shower with the distance of my commute and wet gloves, especially in the cold are no fun. This looks like the best option for me.

Maybe a spare pair of surgical gloves over the heated gloves for the rain would help for water proofing?

Nothing like heat in the gloves.:s

Anything that blocks the flow of the weather to your hands will help and sometimes staying comfortable is a better option than looking cool

Brian

Maybe a spare pair of surgical gloves over the heated gloves for the rain would help for water proofing?

Nothing like heat in the gloves.:s
That's one of those "why didn't I think of that". Great idea glider. I'll definitely pack a pair or two in my bags. I still like the Hippo's for those mornings I leave out at 5am and it's below 35 degrees F.

Back