free website stats program Gremlin bells/coins | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gremlin bells/coins

A penny ain't worth picking up but anything else i'm picking up and don't care if it's face up or not.
The bell, well in the old days this bell was referd to as a "down bell" if you crashed somebody gave you a bell. It signafies you had your bell rang at least once. That grimlin thang, somebody made that up. The only real Grimlins were made in the 70's by American Motors.

I was on a previous form for my old bike Vtx 1300. They had a thread for the gremlin bell if you didn't have one someone bought you one and you payed it forward to the next person great idea.

I had a pleasant surprise when I went to sign the final papers on my last bike purchase (my 1995 FLSTN). It was a used bike and I purchased it from a private seller but I used a local HD dealer to get HD Financing. When I finished signing the last piece of paper the Finance guy brought out a wrapped package from his desk drawer. When I opened it up I was pleased to see that Dr Dolittle (one of the Moderators here on HDTimeline) had arranged to have a gremlin bell at the time of delivery of my bike. Very nice touch. Thanks again Dr Dolittle! :D

And I'm glad it's done its job for you so far!!!

I had a pleasant surprise when I went to sign the final papers on my last bike purchase (my 1995 FLSTN). It was a used bike and I purchased it from a private seller but I used a local HD dealer to get HD Financing. When I finished signing the last piece of paper the Finance guy brought out a wrapped package from his desk drawer. When I opened it up I was pleased to see that Dr Dolittle (one of the Moderators here on HDTimeline) had arranged to have a gremlin bell at the time of delivery of my bike. Very nice touch. Thanks again Dr Dolittle! :D

That's way cool!!!!! :bigsmiley12:

My buddy traded in his R1 rocket on a nice Electraglide we rode home on sat (no bell). Sunday night the lights came on and went to the dealer Monday morning. Engine was destroyed in side it shouldn't have even been running. They ended up giving him a brand new motor fresh from the line. Went to pick it up ui had bought him a killer bell put it on when he got their had no problems. And I just bought my coin a few days ago.

I don't have a bell but when I got my first Harley 2 years ago my dad gave me the key ring off his first bike. It seems to do the trick for me and I've never seen another. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371183220.354122.jpg

A good friend gave me a bell that he got at the HD 105th. celebration. It is hanging from the brake rod near the front foot-peg. I do not hear it.

Back