free website stats program Gremlin bells/coins | Harley Davidson Forums

Gremlin bells/coins

DANNY MC

Do any of you have one of these hanging from your bike,have read and like the sentiment/idea of it looking after us while on the road (any help is welcome eh)... were on the bike do you hang it and can you hear the ringing(prob not with my V&H Longshots),and i guess you would just have the coins on the bike or on your person:bigsmiley23::small3d031::small3d031:

My bell was a gift. I bought a bunch of bells and gave them to my buddies. My bell is hang from the lower frame and I can not here any ringing.
kemo

I received the bell as a gift from the original owner, wishing me well and saying it was given to him by his wife and no gremlins so far...other than an intermittant ignition problem, and starter clutch...so maybe there is something to the legend. Yes you can hear it ring periodically and straight pipe or with baffles...it is just below the regulator under the frame. Glad I didn't hurt my ears too bad from all that loud music for the 60's, 70's & 80's (90's has seen my tastes change to more "softer and more "mellow" sounds). :small3d031:

HarleyScoot.jpg

My wife gave me my bell. I have it hung on the lower frame. I have had no problems sense it's been there.

Was given a bell as agift and put it on lower frame, under the cam chest area. Havn't had any "gremlins" as of yet. Havn't heard it ring though as am I am mucho hearing impaired.

Supposed to be a gift from a good friend or loved one. And the lore says to hang it from low down on the bike so that it is the lowest point above the road. That way it scares the gremlins away!!

You might just be able to make it out on my Avatar or at least the pix on my profile. I have it hanging from the bottom of the crashbar on the left side.

TQ

Attachments

• Bell.jpg
    Bell.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 126
Mine hangs on the right side lowest point of the frame below the hiway bar. As for coins I always carry my POW/MIA challenge coin. :D

I noticed mine when I was loading the bike on the trailer. I asked the lady who was selling it if she wanted her bell & she said to keep it. I think this whole gremlin thing is silly nonsense.. and yet the bell still hangs under the bike.?! I guess we haven't evolved much beyond our pagan ways.

Back