free website stats program greg desmith new guy | Harley Davidson Forums

greg desmith new guy

greg desmith

I'm from the low desert down in southern Ca. I'm riding a 2004 FLH that I bought new in 04. It has all the Screamin eagle speed stuff Cams, heads, pistons and the 6 speed tranny, It has 87 k on it. I did the top end about 10k ago. I need to get some help with the transmission, but I'm not sure how to post yet? I have been riding and wrenching for 50 pls years. I had the main gear bearing go out and Had to rebuild the whole transmission. On the bench it shifts fine. When I put it in the bike it locks up after a couple turns. I have had it in and out about aa dozen times. I have taken all the gears off and put them back on several times. I have never had anything like this before. Can anyone help or steer me in a direction. I hate to take it to the dealer. Plus it is expensive there. lol. I'm going to check the runout on the main shaft today. You can't really see .003..

Last edited:
Welcome from So. Texas. Did you check your shift forks for correct orientation/placement?
tourbox

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ. Not everyone reads the new member section so if you don't get responses to you question go to the home page and scroll down to transmission clutch and primary and post your question there in a new thread.

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ. Not everyone reads the new member section so if you don't get responses to you question go to the home page and scroll down to transmission clutch and primary and post your question there in a new thread.
thanks
Welcome from So. Texas. Did you check your shift forks for correct orientation/placement?
tourbox
Yes I have. I'm going to take it all the way apart and double check the thrust washers and give that at ry

Back